For you 80's Ford fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the mid '90's I worked for a car finance company and we used to the repo these by the dozen. Most of them we picked up were awful, horrible, and hideous and brought next to nothing at auction. This may have been more of a reflection of the typical owner and how they treated them because my friend had one, it drove well and he loved it.

doublehaul liked the Taurus with the 3.0. My mother had one, a '91 GL. It was indeed solid .
I am among the population which liked its funky looks.

Only complaint...those darn transmissions.
She got a contractor rebuilt one from Ford on an extended warranty via Ford's "Program Cars" designation (lease returns from rental companies).
Hers had been a Budget Rent-A-Car.

Got a letter which said, "...if you haven't reached 60,000 miles yet and the trannie is bad, you get a new trannie!"

The replacement unit began failing eventually and a neighbor gladly bought it for $800.
He took it to Kentucky and wrapped it around a tree within a week.

I owned a 1984 Tempo with the 2.0 diesel 5 speed. 45 MPG in town and 52 hwy. I also bought a new 1990 Tempo. Sold it to a friend with 150K and the last I knew it had 255K and runnin good.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I owned a 1984 Tempo with the 2.0 diesel 5 speed. 45 MPG in town and 52 hwy. I also bought a new 1990 Tempo. Sold it to a friend with 150K and the last I knew it had 255K and runnin good.

I know where there is one of them parked about a mile from where I live. It is complete with no parts taken off of it. It's amazing what the manufacturers did back then in a desperate attempt to get fuel mileage.

My Parents had an Aerostar when I was a kid... it was the Eddie Bauer edition. It had a really cool digital instrument cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back