For those who run summer dino/winter syn OCI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Late December (ahead of the coldest months) is when I put synthetic in....that I bought on sale. So late December to April with syn....then do two OCI between April and December with dino.

You can use SYN twice a year....with longer OCI....and save money....versus 3 OCI's (one Syn & 2 Conventional).

Also....you save time (2 versus 3 OCI's)...and you use LESS valuable resources.

As stated in the OP, we can debate the savings by running long OCI's with syns, but long OCI's typically exceeds manufacture OCI's that could void warranties. My Rav4's OEM warranty expired, but the dealer adds lifetime engine and trans warranties to all new car sales. I'm not taking chances, would you?

Originally Posted By: ProfPS
As stated in the OP, we can debate the savings by running long OCI's with syns, but long OCI's typically exceeds manufacture OCI's that could void warranties. My Rav4's OEM warranty expired, but the dealer adds lifetime engine and trans warranties to all new car sales. I'm not taking chances, would you?

They cant prove anything. Don't worry.

My used G was sold with the lifetime engine warranty, if I got all oil changes done only at the used car dealer (happens to be a Chrysler dealer). No thanks. If I wanted a screwed up oil change, I surely can accomplish that myself. I picked it up with it already overfilled by a litre and a Canadian Tire branded OCOD on it. Thanks, but no thanks.

'92 Mazda Protege, Mobil 1 0w30 winter, on sale dino 5w30 summer. '11 Ford F150 Mobil 1 5w30 winter, Motorcraft 5w20 summer. Oil pan heater on the F150 without heater on the Mazda.

Originally Posted By: pepper32
'92 Mazda Protege, Mobil 1 0w30 winter, on sale dino 5w30 summer. '11 Ford F150 Mobil 1 5w30 winter, Motorcraft 5w20 summer. Oil pan heater on the F150 without heater on the Mazda.

If it were me....I'd use.... M-1 0w30....year round for all vehicles. Just keep it simple....and try not to over think these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back