For those using the German Syntec......

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by cangreylegend:
When I lived out there, I could never get out of 3rd gear in the city. The highways were tightly controlled with photo radar with a limit of 90-100 km/h. Even on the highway, my ex 240sx (gutless car) could not get out of 4th gear properly.
I can imagine the condition of engines in that city where they all toot along in stop and go.

Photo radar has been overturned here with the fall of the NDP government.
tongue.gif
People don't slow down anymore when they see a van parked on the side of the road.

I think it all depends on where you're driving in this city. There is no freeway running through the heart of the city (an anomaly I have been told) so driving in the city core at the height of rush hour can be a pain, but otherwise I don't think it's nearly as bad some place like LA. I commute around the suburbs and often make it up to 4th or 5th gear and cruise around at 1500 rpm. Even "high volume" routes flow is pretty good barring any accidents. After rush hour though people can blast along the highways at 120 kph....

But the Lions Gate bridge still sucks and I don't believe they didn't try to use the added extra width to add a 4th lane.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Grammar check.
tongue.gif

[ June 23, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: 4DSC ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back