For those of you who stream

we are only paying $49 a month for 200 MBPS (220 actual) internet service until Feb 2022
This is with Spectrum? How did you work that deal with them? I can't get them to knock a penny off of of my bill and I have been with them for 25 years (formerly Time-Warner/RoadRunner). So much for loyalty.

Oh, ok, so you already are buying content to watch. Im VERY familiar with Spectrum when I lived up north. With streaming you have to pay only for internet which is still a rip off at $75 month. Cant help on the two phone lines but one phone line Ooma all you pay if $5 in tax plus buy the device, works the same as spectrum.
We have an attic antenna for all majors and their side channels, video quality is superior to cable on the majors distributes to 5 of the 6 TVs..
6 Roku players in the house for streaming what must be now, thousands of shows/movies. We subscribe to Hulu $7 a month and Netflix $14 a month. Total phone, TV and Internet = $101 a month actual payment. Right now we are paying much less, we do work the deals, right now Hulu is 99 cents a month until Dec 2022 and we are only paying $49 a month for 200 MBPS (220 actual) internet service until Feb 2022 and will look to switch once Feb comes along.
The problem of for might be sports, sports aren't an interest of ours if the teams are going to make us pay, so we only get interested during major events, Superbowl, Olympics ect... not even really hockey anymore or baseball... wife still works and we are sort of active only watch evenings
How do you get that 99 cent Hulu deal? All I can come up with is coupon companies that don't seem to work.

All of the popular ones...Elf, A Christmas Story, The Grinch, Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks...
Elf > HBO Max, Starz, Spectrum, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, VUDU, Redbox
A Christmas Story > HBO Max, TNT, TBS, Spectrum, Amazon Prime, VUDU, Apple TV, Redbox
Grinch (too many versions)
Christmas Vacation > HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, VUDU, Redbox
Christmas with the Kranks > Starz, Spectrum, Amazon Prime, VUDU, Apple TV, Redbox

This is with Spectrum? How did you work that deal with them? I can't get them to knock a penny off of of my bill and I have been with them for 25 years (formerly Time-Warner/RoadRunner). So much for loyalty.
Do they have any other competition in your area ? If not....that maybe why they wont lower your bill.

How do you get that 99 cent Hulu deal? All I can come up with is coupon companies that don't seem to work.
It was a Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deal. I don't know if you can still get it.
I cancelled my subscription at $7 a month and my wife signed up with her credit card and email for 99 cents.

No we couldn't get them to reduce our rate either. I told them that is terrific! I was so excited, I then said to cancel my service ASAP! He said oh, well let me transfer you, I said ok, they transferred me and tried to save my business but I told them to stop talking and cancel ASAP

(there is a point to this post, I am getting there*LOL*_)

What they did not know is I already signed up for T-Mobile Home internet service and had it working when I called, so I was just having fun cancelling. They would NOT budge on price even after we cancelled UNTIL 30 days later.
More or less they don't seem to be falling for the call for a better price or I will cancel thing. You will have to cancel and go back 30 and possibly as long as 60 days later for the $49

Depending on your area, T-Mobile Home Internet might work for you at $50 a month total payment. We tried to make it work, wow did we and T-Mobile tried too. It was so promising as at first I had just about 100 Mbps speeds at the house. But went downhill days later, they really tried, took the equipment back and gave me a refund. The 5g cell towers near me need to be upgraded and will contact me when they are. I will switch back at the snap of a finger. We also have ATT service near us, their pricing is no better though.
So we went back to Spectrum but since we were no longer a customer, we got the $49 introductory price which isn't bad at 200 Mbps (actual speeds much higher at 225 Mbps) Honestly I wish I could downgrade to 100 but 200 is the cheapest they offer.

Lesson 2, there is no such thing as being a loyal customer to a corporation. A corporations loyalty is to is shareholders (literally by law) and they must pump out every last dollar they can get from their customers on behalf of their shareholders, so if you are a loyal customer, you are paying too much, this REALLY goes for all types of insurance too. If you are loyal, they know you are not going to switch and they will suck the blood out of you. Its their job to make you feel all warm and fuzzy being a loyal customer while sucking every dollar out of you for their shareholders.
If they didn't, shareholders would file a class-action lawsuit! *LOL*

Last edited:
I am happy to report that within the next 30 days I will have access to Google Fiber service. They are laying the fiber optic cables on my street as I write this. For the same $75/mo (with fees) I can get 1Gbps service, as opposed to the 200Mbps service I am now getting with Spectrum. I don't need the 5 times faster service, but for the same price I will take it. The BIG advantage this will give me is the ability to work one company against the other to get a better price going forward. AT&T is also available but they are not competitive at only 50Mbps for the same price. I hear that Grande Communications is also considering expanding into my area with 1Gpbs fiber optic service for $65/mo. If they come down my street with it, I will switch to them. It feels good to finally be gaining the upper hand on these companies.

TV wouldn't be half bad if they didn't have 4 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes. Wasn't the idea of cable TV 50 years ago that in exchange for paying a monthly fee, your programming would be commercial-free?
Don’t think that ever was the plan. I’m happy paying for a Amazon/sharing account with family and Paramount + streaming as there are no commercials there.

Elf > HBO Max, Starz, Spectrum, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, VUDU, Redbox
A Christmas Story > HBO Max, TNT, TBS, Spectrum, Amazon Prime, VUDU, Apple TV, Redbox
Grinch (too many versions)
Christmas Vacation > HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, VUDU, Redbox
Christmas with the Kranks > Starz, Spectrum, Amazon Prime, VUDU, Apple TV, Redbox
They are available on these services, but you have to rent or buy them. They should be free to subscribers...TNT and TBS aren't streaming services...

Why should they be free ? I don't know if they are or not.

They have streaming services and those shows are available through those options.
When I said they should be free, I meant they should be available to those who are already paying for the streaming app without having to pay an additional rental or purchase fee, so technically speaking, they wouldn't be free, they would already be paid for...

My wife is watching Santa Claus is Coming to Town on YouTube TV right now

Streaming you make sacrifices for relatively inexpensive service. That being said owning a DVD player and using library or buying the small set of Christmas classics on dvd or digital is far cheaper than the broadcast service costs.

Back