for those of you watching your waistline

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy I live with is for some unknown reason driven to buy the "light" ice cream, even though it usually tastes terrible, and is the exact same price as everything else. When the weather warms up, it's off to the local custard shop (accompanied by an evening walk, which erases all the calories), but for now, I'm usually chowing down on the "Blue Bunny" abomination of the month.

To my great surprise, I have discovered that Häagen-Dazs light actually tastes pretty darn good, and only has 5 grams of fat in a 1/2 cup serving! Wow! Now don't get me wrong; it doesn't exactly rival regular ice cream/custard, but it provides a reasonable enough figure-friendly facsimile that I am quite content with it. A good gelato would probably be better, but it's so hard to find around here that it’s not worth the effort. Has anybody else tried this stuff?

quote:

Originally posted by Not the Autorx Frank:
fat shmat carbs are the enemy!!!!

Sorry, but you can eat no carbs and not watch the fat, and get fat, just like the low calorie diets years and years ago where they came out with all the low calorie foods but it still had so much fat in it.

The best way to eat is in moderation. I understand that it may not work for everyone, but generally, people just eat too much. Cut back on servings, find lower carb(doesn't have to be extremely low), lower fat recipes, eat, exercise, and be happy.

Also to note, walking burns very few calories, the preferred calorie intake for a person that is extremely active to one that is not at all is only a 700 calorie difference, which just shows how much you have to do to burn more than a few hundred calories more per day.
Just recently though, I saw on the news that if you walk just 11miles per week(~1.5-1.6 miles per day), you can reduce stomache(gut, belly, etc) fat quite a bit, which is very good for ones health. So walk.

And to stay on topic, i'll remember that icecream for the future.

"A waist is a terrible thing to mind."
lol.gif

I'm at fighting weight now...too fat to run, gotta fight !!
P.B. (smoke free in '06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back