For those always asking about tiny Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
We are using them primarily for checking DICOM stuff from the PACS, booking patients and billing (EMR stuff) and the like. They work really well in being able to pair with a very large monitor, or monitors, while consuming minimal space. Interesting that yours had a SATA SSD, the ones I've bought have had M.2.

Indeed, there's a M.2 slot right under the SATA tray. I originally had this come with the stock 500GB HDD since a SSD upgrade from the website was like +$120 for a little 128GB stick - totally not worth the price.

Ahhh, that explains it. I order them all with the 256GB SSD, I was getting some pretty wicked discounts through our wholesaler on particular SKU's, so was bringing those in.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Ahhh, that explains it. I order them all with the 256GB SSD, I was getting some pretty wicked discounts through our wholesaler on particular SKU's, so was bringing those in.

Lucky. Our original supplier wasn't really cheap since we weren't ordering in bulk, but now we have a business account directly with HP so our account rep with HP lets me know when they have specials going on.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by csandste
I got a Tiny ThinkCentre 92P with an I5, 8 gigs and a 64 gig SSD for $195. Would have been under $150 without Windows 10 which I destroyed on start up-- couldn't wait to dig up a naked box. Screams with Ubuntu Mate. Guess I'm a Lenovo fan boy without meaning to be as I have a Chromebook and a Moto E4+. Has a great build quality.

I got the same one too, I grabbed one from the scrap pile at work. I maxed out the RAM and installed a 512GB Samsung 850PRO SSD. I found the OEM Lenovo wifi antennae connectors and card that passes the whitelist on eBay. I just installed Ubuntu with KVM and I plan on using that as a home lab.

Work has gone with Dell, I'm not a Dell fan. I also rescued a ThinkPad T450s and P40 Yoga.

Also, USB-C is a great thing as long as it supports Alt Mode with DisplayPort/HDMI and charging or it's a Thunderbolt 3 port. I have it on my work laptop, and a USB-C HP "docking" monitor that works great... as long as you're not using DisplayLink graphics over USB.

I can plug in my work phone(Galaxy S10) and use Samsung Dex as a nerdy party trick.

Figured I'd add some pics of my HP units, I have 3x AMD-based ones on the bench right now that are going in a clinic, all identical units with 3x DisplayPort, 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back