For the BBQ fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new smoker for Christmas so I thought I'd show off a few pictures.It's a Chargriller with the side fire box.Used hickory wood. Enjoy.
smile.gif

The meat: A 10.6 lb brisket.Also threw on a whole chicken.

-

An action shot.

-

The finished product.

-

-

The brisket fed the in laws. I got the chicken up to 180 degrees internal temperature but I always like to pull the leg to see if it moves easily in the socket, just to make sure it's done. This one pulled right off the body when I twisted it a little. The only humane thing to do then was eat it.
smile.gif

Awesome...nitrosamines coming out the kazooo....

I want one (makes mental note to clean up the Brinkman, and find me a cherry tree)

On reflection, I'm a bit shocked that you only had two food groups in that meal.

What about the pork, lamb, and beer (although the beer could well have been off camera), there are at least two food groups missing.

Shannow there was beer present (Sam Adams) but it was out of sight of the camera.Pork is slated for this weekend. Ribs and a pork loin.Thanks for everybodies compliments. Support your local BBQ joint.
cool.gif

Here's a pretty good one:

1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup Turbinado sugar
1/4 cup granulated brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Combine all ingredients, mix well, and store in an airtight container.

You can adjust them to suit your particular tastes by leaving out the things you don't like.

Cool. Thanks for the recipe. But please, what is Turbinado sugar? Is this in the same isle next to sugar or spices?

Sorry, it's a natural brown sugar that's sort of coarse. You can usually find it at natural food stores. Substitute regular brown sugar if you want to.

I feel like I'm missing out. That looks so good. I can't believe I've never had REAL BBQ to this day, just the ketchup stuff they serve in the North East (RI/CT). Anyone got a good dry rub I could try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back