For Gun Owners, It’s No Longer Hip to Be ‘Square’

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife got one of these because she occasionally sells stuff at the local farmers market. I don't see how they would ever know what you're selling.

You have to give them a vague business category.

And all it takes is some jerk to charge back and send off a receipt for them to know what really went down, especially if said jerk knew you were vulnerable by going against the TOS.

As someone who worships at the alter of technology to improve things, this is irritating.
As someone who is pro reasonable 2nd amendment, this is irritating.
As someone who kinda believes in a business to have a TOS, and enforce it, I'm sorta begrudgingly confused.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You have to give them a vague business category.

And all it takes is some jerk to charge back and send off a receipt for them to know what really went down, especially if said jerk knew you were vulnerable by going against the TOS.

And then what? They take away your social security number? Or, they say "Sorry, we don't want your money anymore"?

This will backfire. Imaging all the data mining opportunities that will be missed because transactions that were once relatively easily tracked will not occur in largely untraceable cash.

Typical government ineptitude. They want to control guns, but then let's make it more difficult to know who is spending money on guns.

Not that I think they should know. Simply suggesting that they have not thought this through.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
This will backfire. Imaging all the data mining opportunities that will be missed because transactions that were once relatively easily tracked will not occur in largely untraceable cash.

Typical government ineptitude. They want to control guns, but then let's make it more difficult to know who is spending money on guns.

Not that I think they should know. Simply suggesting that they have not thought this through.

Agreed.

Also the whole reason I've purchased every firearm I own with cash. Perhaps a little conspiracy theorist, perhaps not.

Just lie if you have one, how does it know your $2k transaction is for a 1911 or a lawn mower?

Ugh. Where do they get off telling a merchant what form of payment they canaccept for goods? Heinous.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Thankfully there are many other mobile credit card payment platforms to choose from now.

thumbsup2.gif
Best way to get around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back