For all your GC hoardes out there, $1 for 7K oil or $5 for 15K oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just kurious to see what all you GC hoarder's are planning ? I do think $1 for GC is a s$eal at the pricepoint and what the general consensus seems to be on this oil (very good). With that in mind, and Mobil 1 new oils out, has your raiding of the AZ stores only increased or decreased.

Myself....never been a GC hoarder going to all the AZ locations to pick it up when they had them in stock or at the 5 for 6 specicals, but can't seem to pass up a good deal when I see one. Especially when it's $1 a quart and regardless of miles, I will change my oil right before winter and also late spring. So far, this works out to be 5-6K per OCI which is okay in my books. This gives me a chance to inspect the underbody, etc and makes sure everything in intact.

I may be scooping up more GC at $1 but I will stop once I have enough for 10 oci (8.5 quarts sump).

I bought 12 qts of oil yesterday (7 0w-30 M1, 1 15w-50 M1, and 4 10w-30 Haoline Syn). I was looking for the GC, but is was still full price, and the girl at the counter said it was not on sale, it seels too good.

I've checked the GC at a half-dozen or so stores in the Houston area and have not found any on sale, either.

Tim

THE BEST OIL FOR THE MONEY IS WAL-MART SUPER TECH. THE SUPER TECH SOLD HERE IN RHODE ISLAND IS NOW COMING FROM A NEW SUPPLIER--EXXON. (WAS PREVIOUSLY WARREN PRODUCTS OR QUAKER STATE DEPENDING UPON WHO YOU LISTEN TO BUT IT PROBABLY WAS WARREN BASED ON EVERYTHING I READ ON THE TOPIC) THE OIL IN THE NEW BLUE SUPER TECH BOTTLES IS EXXON SUPERFLO. THE BOTTLES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE COLOR) AND THERE IS A LONG MANUFACTURING CODE PRINTED IN VERY SMALL WHITE LETTERING AND NUMBERING RUNNING ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE BACK LABEL THAT IS IDENTICAL INDICATING IT'S COMING FROM AN EXXON PLANT. THIS IS GOOD NEWS AS I FEEL MORE CONFIDENT GOING WITH AN EXXON PRODUCT RATHER THAN WHEN IT WAS SUPPLIED BY WARREN PRODUCTS WHO I HAD NEVER HEARD OF. AT 88 CENTS/QT FOR WHAT IS REPACKAGED EXXON SUPERFLO MOTOR OIL YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

I purchased 125qts of GC for $1 a qt from AZ, I was shooting for 200qts. Based on my driving habits I have enough for the next 12.5 years.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MADMIKE:
THE BEST OIL FOR THE MONEY IS WAL-MART SUPER TECH. THE SUPER TECH SOLD HERE IN RHODE ISLAND IS NOW COMING FROM A NEW SUPPLIER--EXXON. (WAS PREVIOUSLY WARREN PRODUCTS OR QUAKER STATE DEPENDING UPON WHO YOU LISTEN TO BUT IT PROBABLY WAS WARREN BASED ON EVERYTHING I READ ON THE TOPIC) THE OIL IN THE NEW BLUE SUPER TECH BOTTLES IS EXXON SUPERFLO. THE BOTTLES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE COLOR) AND THERE IS A LONG MANUFACTURING CODE PRINTED IN VERY SMALL WHITE LETTERING AND NUMBERING RUNNING ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE BACK LABEL THAT IS IDENTICAL INDICATING IT'S COMING FROM AN EXXON PLANT. THIS IS GOOD NEWS AS I FEEL MORE CONFIDENT GOING WITH AN EXXON PRODUCT RATHER THAN WHEN IT WAS SUPPLIED BY WARREN PRODUCTS WHO I HAD NEVER HEARD OF. AT 88 CENTS/QT FOR WHAT IS REPACKAGED EXXON SUPERFLO MOTOR OIL YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

Easy on the caps there pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back