For a change, an idea that works! (Amsoil diff lube packaging)

My 2011 Ford Ranger was due for differential lube change at 100K miles per Ford's maintenance schedule. Finally did it a little over a week ago at 106K miles.

Long story short, I got Amsoil 75W-90 severe duty diff/axle lube in the squeezable bags. That packaging worked! I was able to squeeze out the contents of each bag into the fill hole in seconds. The truck took 2 quart bags and part of a third (specs say diff fill is ~2.5 quarts). This was the easiest part of the job.

I don't know whether anyone else offers similar packaging, but this was a great idea. My time on my back lying under the truck was much shorter as a result, and I appreciate that.

I bought the Valvoline version but the squeeze bag didn't work for my application. Had to use a hand pump but still think it is a good way to package a product.

1631475001957.jpg

My 2011 Ford Ranger was due for differential lube change at 100K miles per Ford's maintenance schedule. Finally did it a little over a week ago at 106K miles.

Long story short, I got Amsoil 75W-90 severe duty diff/axle lube in the squeezable bags. That packaging worked! I was able to squeeze out the contents of each bag into the fill hole in seconds. The truck took 2 quart bags and part of a third (specs say diff fill is ~2.5 quarts). This was the easiest part of the job.

I don't know whether anyone else offers similar packaging, but this was a great idea. My time on my back lying under the truck was much shorter as a result, and I appreciate that.
Great idea! I wonder if anyone does the same with manual-transmission gear oil. GL-4 synthetic in 75W-90 with lots of grippy additives for the synchros, please!

Great idea! I wonder if anyone does the same with manual-transmission gear oil. GL-4 synthetic in 75W-90 with lots of grippy additives for the synchros, please!
Not that I know of

also, its more lack of additives make it grippy for synchros..
They leave stuff out.

maybe @MolaKule could elaborate?

Amsoil, Valvoline and Nulon in Australia all have them. I think they are a genius idea for the applications they work in.

One of my favorite go-to's. Crawling around in tight places pumping and knocking the bottle of gear lube over and spilling gear oil all over the place. That gear lube doesn't clean up very easily. I was surprised at how well you could fully empty them. I did have to learn to be more relaxed when squeezing the bag. Really helped my arms and hands from cramping. LOL

Back