Food Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife wants a food processor. She loves to really cook, & I love to eat! I realize that Kitchen Aid & Cuisinart food processors are great performers but all of their examples are made in PRC. I won't buy aything made in China.

Omega Professional Food Processor 11 c $180 made in Korea.

Robot Coupe Made in USA or France. I have never heard of this brand. Any general input or specific model recommendations? I'm a little lost of which model to choose. They seem very well built, i.e. commerical duty. Combination Processor 1 HP 3 cup middle-of-the-road example 1750 RPM motor $900

If anyone feels the need to cut back on the amount of cash they use in their fireplace, please feel free to purchase this one for us. I'll be sure to send you a Christmas card.
LOL.gif

Hobart 1 HP Food Cutter $7300.

The best is magimix who invented the food processor and is used by chefs like Jamie Oliver. Came from French commercial kitchens originally and is indestructible. Top of the line is the Cuisine Systeme 5200 an update of the venerable 5100 which my wife uses. They are usually handed on from generation to generation so my daughter will benefit one day. Not cheap but I wanted the very best for my wife. Available from Napastyle, Chefs catalogue etc.

We have chrome paid like $50-$100 more from memory. Sure looks the part though and still the best you can buy. One day I'll get the boss the 5200, they managed to improve on perfection!

Pretty sure the French Robot Coupe is what friends use in their café.
It's very heavy duty, leave any domestic type machine for dead although theirs is in for repairs ATM (switch problem, after many years of use/abuse) so they bought a domestic 'heavy duty' Breville unit to tide them over for a week or so.

I'll be going this morning for a coffee (Sacred Grounds organic
grin2.gif
) after yoga so I'll double check.

Well it sure does pay to check before posting.
They had/have a Kitchen Whiz processor, eight years old before it karked itself and have replaced it with a Kenwood.
......and the coffee is still Sacred Grounds
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Sacred Grounds organic, good coffee.

Ain't that what the cat shat??
grin2.gif

Bob

For that crack you should get a complimentary "Free Civet" t-shirt.

just when you think you know kitchen appliances, someone comes and introduces I've never heard of. I'll have to look into these Magimix units.
I was really looking at the viking, until I read a few bad reviews. my current favorite to look at is the pro line kitchenaid, but it's on perpetual backorder.
I know how you feel about PRC stuff, sometimes it's just hard/impossible to avoid. It'd be great if a company like kitchenaid could make all its stuff domestically like the stand mixers, but it ain't gonna happen.

this is what happens when I start looking for topics to read, now I'm obsessed w/ magimix food processors!
williams-sonoma has the 4200 for $350-400.
chefs catalog has the 3150 for $300-330.
they also have the 5150 for $470-500.
now I just have to choose/justify which one...

I should have said "never felt a need." I was just thinking of seeing a few gadgets in my kitchen that I have but never ever use. I use an electric juicer and a mixer all the time. Everything else, like various mills and grinders, are all powered by hand.

although I'm probably in denial, I don't think I'm a kitchen gadget junkie. we use everything we have. in fact, usually after I get something new, we find more and more uses for it once we have it.

I have a fondness for the KISS principle. Besides, I hate cleaning stuff. That's why I don't use a dishwasher. In the time it takes me to load and unload the dishes, I can wash them by hand.

we actually got a dishwasher TO 'keep it simple'. less time, less water use. it's another 'techy' thing too; a New Zealand made Fisher & Paykel dish drawer washer. nice unit. our water bill has gone down since using it.

Just had a look at the magimix 5200 which replaced the 5100 we have after many years without changes. Didn't think you could improve on perfection but it's definitely better in many respects and uses less 'real estate'. Won't be changing our 5100, it's more than what we need and after many years can't tell it's ever been used. 5150 in U.S is 5200 here and Europe.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/magimix-cuisine-systeme-5150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back