Fog lights 100%

I see cars with them all the time. On mine the rear brake light on the left is on like the brakes are on. It's somewhat distracting when there's no fog and their tail lights are like that. Makes you think there's something wrong with the brakes for a half second til you realize their fog lights are on. I do have active curve illumination so the left or right fog light comes on when you're turning a corner, but it shuts off afterwards. Same as when you're signaling.

Yeah active curve illumination is everywhere here. But it's a dedicated bulb, not the fog light. Though it sits in the fog light assembly most often. Mine swivels the low beam projector into the turn.

Yeah active curve illumination is everywhere here. But it's a dedicated bulb, not the fog light. Though it sits in the fog light assembly most often. Mine swivels the low beam projector into the turn.

I have a 2008 Mercedes E-350 which has the bixenons which also swivel. I think it just has the single lamp in the fog lamp.

could be, don't know about the mercedes. All hyundais with active curb illumination have an extra bulb for it though. Regardless, it looks like a fog light if it's down there...

Depending on the conditions I will sometimes just use my fog lights if it is very foggy or raining out sometimes the regular ones have a bad glare.

could be, don't know about the mercedes. All hyundais with active curb illumination have an extra bulb for it though. Regardless, it looks like a fog light if it's down there...

They probably copied it from Mercedes and cheaped out. I see it all the time with keyless go. Other manufacturers have copied keyless start but they cheap out on the door handles. MB does separate sensors/switches for opening and locking on all 4 door handles, plus it's also part of the gas cap and trunk. Other makers just do the front two or just use a single button to do both functions. I think it's more natural to put you hand in the door handle and when you pull it, the switch in the handle unlocks the door instead of having to press a button to unlock the door.

the tucson opens if you get close enough. Was fitting winter wheels on one today and the car unlocked and locked 10 times before i realised it spotted the key in my pocket. Opened and closed a door and the car remained unlocked after

I think you are referring to driving lights, as true fog lights are yellow or amber. The reason I often use my driving lights in addition to my headlights is it lets people know I have my dims on. Flipping to high beams the driving lights go off. It prevents people from brighting me thinking I've got my high beams on.

must have white fog lights then as they don't turn off with the high beams
OE fog lights by NHTSA are shut down with high beams.

However, aftermarket ones from pep boys are on "whenever".

It'l likely the amber ones you're seeing are aftermarket.

I am that guy apparently. My commute is all rural and I need any extra light I can get. When I leave for work (7pm ish) during the Fall/Winter it's dark by then and alot of times the mountain can be a challenge visibly. There are also deer everywhere along my 30 mile commute. The Tacoma is my Winter "beater" and the factory headlights are "meh" at best so any extra I can get without getting a brodozer LED light bar I'll use. I have Sylvania Fog Vision yellow bulbs in mine and haven't been flashed yet. Definitely helps in adverse conditions.

Proper fog lights light up the fog lines and add visibility to other drivers. I use mine in rainy weather so that others will see me sooner.
Exactly. Plus in my pesthole of a city, large swaths of Interstate and city streets have got burnt-out lights, and my car is red -- so in darkness it appears black and is harder to see. I want these goofballs to see my car.

My Legacy uses what they call a Steering Responsive Foglight system, which turns on on foglight, left or right, based on steering wheel angle. I have to long-press a button to turn it off every time I drive if I don’t want the system to be active.

I turn my foglights on at specific times, when either I need to see better or want to be seen better. Instances include foggy/rainy conditions, very dark roads, dusk/dawn.

Back