Fog lights 100%

I estimate that 30% of the vehicles drive around at night with the normal lights on but, in addition, they have the fog lights on. Not an issue usually but, in rainy or drizzling night weather it causes much road glare. I wish the fog lights would be automatically turned off when the engine stops and would need to be turned on manually each time.

Not me! I find fog lights (when properly aimed) to provide much needed peripheral lighting to the sides of the road. Especially convenient on the unlit backroads where I live. I am 48 and I have now found the eyes aren't the 20/20 they once were and glare at night in rainy weather is a really nasty thing to deal with. I don't see fog lights as the culprit though.

I'm not familiar with your vehicle, but my F150 and the Subaru can readily be manually controlled.

Not me! I find fog lights (when properly aimed) to provide much needed peripheral lighting to the sides of the road. Especially convenient on the unlit backroads where I live. I am 48 and I have now found the eyes aren't the 20/20 they once were and glare at night in rainy weather is a really nasty thing to deal with. I don't see fog lights as the culprit though.

I'm not familiar with your vehicle, but my F150 and the Subaru can readily be manually controlled.
I find it depends on the road surface. Freshly paved roads seem more prone to glare on rainy nights. I too use my fog lights especially on my ride in to work (6am-7am) as they help illuminate the sides of the road and have saved me from many deer strikes. They are aimed appropriately though, many factory fog lights are not.

I estimate that 30% of the vehicles drive around at night with the normal lights on but, in addition, they have the fog lights on. Not an issue usually but, in rainy or drizzling night weather it causes much road glare. I wish the fog lights would be automatically turned off when the engine stops and would need to be turned on manually each time.

Yes, people either don't know they have them on, OR, the foreground lighting makes them think they can see better.

Where I live, it is unlawful to use fog lights when it is not foggy. I'm sure it is this way in other states as well but people don't know any better and it is not enforced.

Bugs me just as bad as not using your blinker.

The fog lights on my 08 Malibu LTZ come in handy on the most foggiest nights, sometimes the only way to go straight is to follow the lines in the
middle of the road. :eek:

What with the advent of blinding LED lights I'm no longer bothered by extra driving lights...

Amazing isn't it? i found the same. I think there's more chance of condensation and it won't dry because the lenses don't get hot. And while HID cars had auto levelling here, LED cars don't...

Where I live, it is unlawful to use fog lights when it is not foggy. I'm sure it is this way in other states as well but people don't know any better and it is not enforced.

Bugs me just as bad as not using your blinker.

When it's foggy, rainy or snowing we are allowed to use front fogs, with or without low beams. There's no other visibility criteria for front fog lights.

Rear fog lights are not to be used if visibility exceeds 100 meters (110 yards).

My fog lights are now 9011 and they're bright.

I also have my Touareg coded so you can have fog lights on with the high beam.

I rarely use them. Too much foreground lighting for night driving. They're handy as cornering lights. I've applied the ECE coding there as well, so they come on more often than the factory NAR coding.

When it's foggy, rainy or snowing we are allowed to use front fogs, with or without low beams. There's no other visibility criteria for front fog lights.

Rear fog lights are not to be used if visibility exceeds 100 meters (110 yards).

I see cars with them all the time. On mine the rear brake light on the left is on like the brakes are on. It's somewhat distracting when there's no fog and their tail lights are like that. Makes you think there's something wrong with the brakes for a half second til you realize their fog lights are on. I do have active curve illumination so the left or right fog light comes on when you're turning a corner, but it shuts off afterwards. Same as when you're signaling.

Anytime my lights are on, the fog lights are on. Luckily it remembers the setting and turns them all on automagically at dark.

Not worried about fog lights, they do add to side vision on unlit roads. It's rear fogs that annoy me, they are too bright and very seldom are they needed. I use mine in very heavy fog when I see cars coming up on me, but that's not often. Usually it's a double click on the fog switch, so they just slam on the fogs not feeling it go through 2 positions....and not seeing the light on the dash telling them the rear fogs are on.

I find that the Fog lights do help light up the peripheral side of the roads keeping you informed as to what’s going on there.......there are a couple of threads here referencing Deer strikes.......you would be amazed as to how many times I saw Deer congregating on the sides of the highway by seeing them with the illumination of the Fog lights........ Especially on Interstate 81 South just after you cross into PA from NY !
Those of you familiar with the area will agree!

I find that the Fog lights do help light up the peripheral side of the roads keeping you informed as to what’s going on there.......there are a couple of threads here referencing Deer strikes.......you would be amazed as to how many times I saw Deer congregating on the sides of the highway by seeing them with the illumination of the Fog lights........ Especially on Interstate 81 South just after you cross into PA from NY !
Those of you familiar with the area will agree!

Add to that I-84 and Taconic where I live and I-87 north of Yonkers.

Ford trucks have a way you can program the lights to be all on at the same time, They call it Bambi mode. I hate it when I see it because it is unnecessary and makes me blind :)

Back