Focus vs G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G5 hands down. My girlfriend has an 06 Cobalt and it's a great car. She drives the [censored] out of it (she hits redline almost every time she goes from a stop)and still gets 30 mpg. Ecotec drivetrains are bulletproof. Although Ford has come along ways in terms of quality and stuff but personal preference I don't like Ford. Their engines minus the mod motors feel sluggish and anemic. [censored] my girlfriends Cobalt gives my Jeep a run for the money!

He got the G5. I checked it out today. It's pretty [censored]. Seats are stuffed with plain soft foam. Badges and interior parts seem as if they are about to pop off. Not really a solid part on the whole vehicle. They love it. Sunroof, spoiler and 17" alloys w/automatic. I dunno what he paid. Clunked the 97 4Runner. Trust me, it was SHOT at 160k.

Meanwhile, I really like the Astra when I see them.

He shoulda got the focus. Me and my grandfather test drove a Red 09 SES coupe today. It was very, VERY good. Only issue was it had been sitting so long and people screwed around with it so the battery was dead, and needed jumped, both at the dealer and down teh road at the gas station (where the dealer gave us a slip to fill it up). But after that it was fine. Handled well, very comfortable seats and inside. The backseat is surprisingly roomy, the interior materials are much better than any GM car I have been in, but not quite up to the standards of the 2010 Fusion at the dealership. Sync worked great. He is just waiting a couple more months to pick up a bit more cash before he trades in his 99" silverado with 35,000 miles on it. (He is irked the dealer won't give him more than $6500 for it, it is in factory fresh condition) This focus had the sport exhaust, lower gearing on the automatic, and it WENT. I was amazed at the power of that little 2.0L.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: rudolphna
This focus had the sport exhaust, lower gearing on the automatic, and it WENT. I was amazed at the power of that little 2.0L.

I've had my 05 for 3 years. Very impressive acceleration during warm-up, to 75 mph. Less impressive at normal operating temp. Composite valve cover leaks a little. Cramped passenger compartment. 33 miles per gallon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back