Focus RS spotted in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
focus RS

Being driven by Jost Capito, Ford team RS director of performance devlopment.
Hot hatch anyone.Not my main interest in cars anymore so I cant rattle off the spec,but even a old guy likes the look except the fish out of water look to the grille.

This is what makes you want to choke whomever is in the way

Quote:
but don't get your hopes up – the Focus RS probably won't arrive Stateside until the next-generation arrives in 2012.

It's like the frustration that I felt when a stereo AM:FM wasn't even an option on my 75 Chevy pickup. We're retarded for no apparent reason. Heck, you don't even have to engineer the thing. Just retool.

I'll take a black one with a 6spd MT.
19.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Yes Ford why is it taking 20 years to build a good car in the US?

Why does Europe always get the good stuff.

Because they have more people with enough sense to buy it.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
This is what makes you want to choke whomever is in the way

Quote:
but don't get your hopes up – the Focus RS probably won't arrive Stateside until the next-generation arrives in 2012.

It's like the frustration that I felt when a stereo AM:FM wasn't even an option on my 75 Chevy pickup. We're retarded for no apparent reason. Heck, you don't even have to engineer the thing. Just retool.

That's what Ford does...taunt us with cool products they sell in other countries...
132130379_cd88c3c17b.jpg

in the ends it's still wrong wheel drive. Does it have a LSD? No LSD and it will be just like the single wheel peel SRT-4 neons

Originally Posted By: hone eagle
focus RS

Being driven by Jost Capito, Ford team RS director of performance devlopment.
Hot hatch anyone.Not my main interest in cars anymore so I cant rattle off the spec,but even a old guy likes the look except the fish out of water look to the grille.

All they need to do to sell a zillion of them is to factory install a 15 inch subwoofer with a powerful amp so it has a factory KA-THUMP.....KA-THUMP to it.

This (sarcastic) comment from Autoblog says it all:

Oh heck yeah. If Ford would only have released a $30,000 Focus, they would be dominating the subcompact car market right now.

Nice car and all, but no one in this country is going to buy a $30,000 Ford Focus. The market for cars like this is pretty thin, and filled with names like WRX, EVO, MazdaSpeed, GTI, Mini Cooper, etc.

The SVT Focus didn't sell well and was gone after three years, and that car cost a shade over $20,000. The RS is an expensive car in Europe and would be substantially more pricey than the current Focus.

I'd like to see these harder core enthusiast cars on the market, but right now I'd rather see Ford focus (heh) on building the best quality cars and trucks possible and selling them for a profit. Spending millions to federalize a car that has a very narrow niche appeal seems a waste of money to me, at least in the current economic times.

I'd be satisfied for the U.S. Focus to look and drive like the EU Focus, RS or no RS. The one we have now looks like an electric razor.

With the current exchange rate, this car would cost around $37,500 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back