Foam Cannon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
won't wash my vehicles without one. rinse the car with pressure washer to get off loose dirt. Then i hook up my amazon cannon and spray a layer of foam. then start with my wash mitt and bucket. to me its a lot faster , uses less water and cleans well.

the cannon come in all price ranges . how much you spend is up to you

Does it take a special soap?

What makes one better than another?

Originally Posted by Gebo
Does it take a special soap?

What makes one better than another?

Yes, but also no. Certain brands do make specific "foam cannon" soaps (e.g. Chemical Guys' Honey Dew Snow Foam) that focus on creating thicker suds, but plenty of your off the shelf shampoos will work just fine. For example, I've been using Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo in my foam cannon for years now with great results, and they only recently starting printing "great for snow foam cannons" on the bottles.

To put it simply, typically what people look for in an effective snow foam is thick and frothy suds, which result in a longer dwell time on your car's paint, allowing for the soap to carry away as many contaminants as possible.

Make sure your foam cannon is compatible with your pressure washer GPM. Any wash mixed with the right ratio with a good foam cannon that is the correct one for your pressure washer will make tons of foam.

Last edited:
Gebo, what soap are you using? What is soap dilution ratio to water? Usually 2-3 ounces of soap in foam cannon does the trick.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mbacfp
Gebo, what soap are you using? What is soap dilution ratio to water? Usually 2-3 ounces of soap in foam cannon does the trick.

I don't have a foam cannon yet. I'm just gathering info. It looks like the MATCC III is a really good one.

Originally Posted by FastEddie
Make sure your foam cannon is compatible with your pressure washer GPM. Any wash mixed with the right ratio with a good foam cannon that is the correct one for your pressure washer will make tons of foam.

Mine is 3000 PSI and 3 GPM. Is that ok?

I think the point of a foam cannon is that the surfactant gets between the paint and dirt and lifts and suspends it. Then you rinse most of the particles off using high pressure washer. Alternative to rubbing the dirt into the paint with a sponge or towel. One of the best cheap soaps out there is the green Palmolive, it can clean waxy buildup also.

Originally Posted by Gebo

Mine is 3000 PSI and 3 GPM. Is that ok?

That will do the trick. I detail for a living and bought an Italian made MTM hydro foam cannon and has given me flawless performance for 3 years now used 3-5 times a week.

Last edited:
FastEddie,

Are you in the 805 area code in CA?

Yep, been in the 805 for 45 years.

Last edited:
FastEddie,

Cool...we are neighbors. I live in Simi Valley. Good to meet you.

Last edited:
FastEddie,

Cool...we are neighbors. I live in Simi Valley. Good to meet you.

San Luis Obispo, nice to see another 805 resident here.

Last edited:
Car washing party in the 805!
banana2.gif

When I need to degrease and strip wax, I use detergent soap in the high pressure foam cannon because it's frothy and sticks to the surface a little longer. It's fun but not necessary for a quick wash. The purpose of doing a pre-soak is to loosen-up and rinse-off the dirt before physical contact with a (microfiber) wash towel. This can be accomplished using an ample amount of proper car wash soap in a garden sprayer attachment as shown. It does not give a beer-froth layer of suds but, it wets the surface with a good soapy film. I find this to be good enough and saves me the trouble of bringing-out and setting-up and later draining the hose on the electric high-pressure washer. That alone takes 5 minutes off the car washing process...

YMMV...

In the sprayer bottle, I use about 4oz of car wash soap and a few ounces of water. Give the car a quick spray-down, let the soapy film do it's job for a couple minutes then, rinse with hose. [Then do a 2-bucket wash job].

https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-G390-...nt+sprayer&qid=1572030720&sr=8-9

FoamCannon.jpg

Originally Posted by buster
^Ray, thanks for the tip I may pick one of these up.
cheers3.gif

Just a heads-up... It doesn't really make the soap foam-up but, it's a great way to get a soapy water film on the finish. For normal light washing, it works fine for me -but admittedly, not as much fun as a cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back