Flushing Out Moisture

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I changed the oil in my fiance's Cobalt and noticed that condensation was still stuck on the dipstick. Fed up with waiting for this stuff to evaporate, I took a half empty bottle of dino I had leftover from a friend's change and dumped it down the dipstick neck while I had the drain plug out. I checked it again after I was done with that and didn't see any moisture come out on the dipstick. Do you all think I managed to get most of it out?

It would be nice to not have to see that stuff anymore.

Three hour trips home didn't get rid of it since it was sitting inside the dipstick with no circulation.

Yeah, it usually runs between 185 and 195F. The dealer cleaned it out when I mentioned it to them a couple weeks ago. I had a UOA done, and no glycol was present either.

I'm hoping it was just residual moisture from the winter. Good ideas though. Keep 'em coming please.

Last edited:
Not much you can do other than drive the car on a long trip, make sure the thermost is working and is the correct temperature thermostat for the engine. You said the PCV system is working properly. My guess is once the ambient temps rise, a good highway run will get the moisture out if everything else is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back