Fluim film and rubber bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I noticed the Mustang was squeaking on the front end again- I figured no big deal, just need to shoot some superlube grease in the poly sway bar bushings again. Well that didn't do it but some silicone spray on the front a-arm bushings did.

This is the second set of bushings which I have sprayed down with fluid film which have started squeaking. They did quiet up with silicone spray but on ky truck the rear leaf bushings do not. Time will tell how bad the Mustang squeak really is...

Has anybody found FF to swell, break down or otherwise harm their chassis bushings? I'm not convinced its doing anything bad as it may just be either collecting grime or affecting the cF of the rubber causing squeaks...but I'd really like to hear if anybody has a horror story. And I'm aware of the GM waxy undercoat incompatibility- that is not the topic here.

I've never had FF harm anything I put it on. I have heard it can swell rubber.

I saw some great tests of such anti corrosion sprays as I was searching for one product in particular... TC-11 if I recall correctly which is great for dry corroded comtacts as it cleans and protects. But thats beside the point. LoL. Here's a link: TC-11 on Amazon

TC-11 13 Oz Aerosol Penetrating Corrosion Inhibitor and Lubricant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M09S6M8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7cfJxbT2QDN5Z

So what I found was a series of tests of differently composed rubbers and synthetic bushings and so on which they measured before and after exposure to aforementioned protective sprays.

You said they were polyurethane bushings, I think they're just destined to squeak. I hate them, unless it's shock bushings or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back