Fluid for Aisin AW55-51SN (2005 Volvo XC70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sam_Julier
I use Mobil 3309 in 4 V70 wagons. Cooler line exchange every 20k, drain and fill every 10k. They shift like butter. Amazon delivers Mobil 3309 for $6/qt, RMEuropean in Colorado delivers Aisin 3309 for $5.85/qt and the Pennzoil High Mileage Full Syn ATF with JWS 3309 approval (not recommendation) is $5.75/qt at PepBoys. I also run a Dimple Magnetic drain plug which always has black metallic sluge at each drain. I have no idea if the Dimple Magnet helps.

As a note I recently changed the 1993 245 over to the Pennzoil Full Syn mentioned above. The 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are now imperceptible and the initial shudder at start up is gone.

Actual name is Pennzoil Multi Vehicles Full Synthetic ATF.

There is Pennzoil High Mileage ATF, but this isn't recommended for JWS 3309.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Sam_Julier
I use Mobil 3309 in 4 V70 wagons. Cooler line exchange every 20k, drain and fill every 10k. They shift like butter. Amazon delivers Mobil 3309 for $6/qt, RMEuropean in Colorado delivers Aisin 3309 for $5.85/qt and the Pennzoil High Mileage Full Syn ATF with JWS 3309 approval (not recommendation) is $5.75/qt at PepBoys. I also run a Dimple Magnetic drain plug which always has black metallic sluge at each drain. I have no idea if the Dimple Magnet helps.

As a note I recently changed the 1993 245 over to the Pennzoil Full Syn mentioned above. The 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are now imperceptible and the initial shudder at start up is gone.

Actual name is Pennzoil Multi Vehicles Full Synthetic ATF.

There is Pennzoil High Mileage ATF, but this isn't recommended for JWS 3309.

Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage ATF is approved for JWS-3309. I'm looking at the bottle right now. UPC code number 0 71611 01541 7. Perhaps confusion is my failure to mention Pennzoil Platinum?

From bottle label: Specifications and Approvals: Service fill for GM DEXRON-111, 2006 and earlier Fords except MERCON SP, Chrysler, Toyota T-IV, Nissan Matic D/J/K, Mitsubishi, Hyundai/Kia SP-III, JASO 1A, JWS-3309. Not for 8 and 9 speed transmissions including Chrysler.

I'd post a picture if I knew how. Would be happy to send a picture to your email address.

Maxlife. Use it in my AW 5 speed in the Equinox and it works excellent. I tried Mobil 3309 and I didn't like the feel and cold weather shifting. Never had any issues with Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back