Fluid/Filter change ruined everything??

Status
Not open for further replies.
All he needs to do is redo the job.....

He will find mistake.. also you can probably see the job done on You tube via video.

that always helps.

Final update - as suggested I did redo the job, and used a new filter from the dealer. Nothing got knocked loose or some other random mistake.

All signs point to the pump. Pulled the lines to the cooler and gave it quick start, expecting fluid to spray everywhere ... not a drop.

Therefore my only conclusion is pump shaft, unless anyone else can offer an easy possibility for why the pump may have spontaneously stopped working.

Thanks for all the advice.

It's foolish to think that crud in fluid holds a transmission together.

Year make model mileage transmission.....????

Pics of the filters? vb?

Originally Posted By: NSC
Final update - as suggested I did redo the job, and used a new filter from the dealer. Nothing got knocked loose or some other random mistake.

All signs point to the pump. Pulled the lines to the cooler and gave it quick start, expecting fluid to spray everywhere ... not a drop.

Therefore my only conclusion is pump shaft, unless anyone else can offer an easy possibility for why the pump may have spontaneously stopped working.

Thanks for all the advice.

Was the fluid level OK before you did this test and how long did you run it like that?

Did you ever hold it in each gear for a few seconds? Same thing happened to me many years ago with a Powerglide.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I sure hope you'll post an update once it is fixed. I'm really curious what went wrong. I always like to store these factoids away for when *I* inadvertently screw something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back