Flork! Primer bulb proken on my trimmer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The primer bulb on my Homelite trimmer dry-rotted and [censored] out.
Without it I can't get any fuel into the engine. When I peruse the Homelite website parts listing, the only fix shown is a new carb! Any ideas on finding a replacement bulb?
TIA
Jorge

This has got to be an older mower. Wonder if a turkey baster could be temporarily jammed into the opening every time you want to prime it? Obviously I know nothing about mower primer bulbs, but maybe....

I was going to say WD-40 into the carb but then I remember someone telling me it's no longer flammable.

You need get ahold of Bill Walcott. He's been a Homelite dealer for +50 years and deals in new and old equipment parts. Very knowledgeable guy with extremely fair pricing. Email [email protected] You can also find his number by googling his name. Great guy and highly recommended. He's working with me to gather all the parts I need to completely rebuild my Homelite saw. I know he's beaten ebay on every price he's quoted me, even with the shipping included.

Last edited:
Tall Paul;
That's the sad part , this thing's only 6 months old!
Gotta love that chi-com quality
frown.gif
The problem with the primer button is that it serves as the pump diaphgram, so no go without it! It runs if I squirt ether into it ,but quits after a few seconds. Can't do that too much (ether has no lube)
Tnx all
Jorge

Last edited:
I've got the same issue on my TORO snowblower BRING BACK THE BLOODY CHOKE MECHANISM-it worked for over 100 years--maybe Bill can help out with that as well
Steve

My finger pushed right through the primer bulb on the ~14yr/old Toro 2-cycle snowblower I brought back to life last winter, but on a 6mo old trimmer?!? That's ridiculous! The bulbs themselves are available at any OPE parts counter. It's a common failure point on older stuff.

Joel

After further review, the prime bulb acts as a fuel bowl,the pump is a little flap on the gasket
frown.gif

Remembered a local small engine/mower place, they had a drawer full of all kinds (including mine!) If you're in south Florida Burkhart's in Davie has got it all. Five minute fix once I had the darn thing. Bought two just in case.
Tnx for all the good ideas
Jorge

$4 locally at the small engine shop bought me a new primer bulb for a homelite blower. 4 screws to replace.

M

Buddy's Small Engine, Huntsville, AL... I think was what it was called

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back