Florida cop shoots dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Many of you will have seen this I'm sure. Personally I think that an over reactive person such as this has no place in any position of responsibility and certainly not anywhere near a firearm. I think that the video speaks for itself.

http://www.local10.com/news/petition-cal...ot-dog/35959324

Thank God it wasn't a kid with a toy gun!

It's an over reaction if judged by the standard of social media.

But that's not a fair standard by which to judge.

You judge based on what the officer knew at the time. Not the "she was a sweet dog, she was curious" claims made by the family.

You should let the investigation run its course. Let the departmental policy be reviewed. Review his training and performance.

And, to keep it fair, how about posting a single video of the several thousand officers injured by aggressive dogs this year?

Or was it your intent to troll and stir up anti-police sentiment?

I see a stranger creeping up on the house dressed up like a home invader. Looks like the dog did what it should have done.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Many of you will have seen this I'm sure. Personally I think that an over reactive person such as this has no place in any position of responsibility and certainly not anywhere near a firearm. I think that the video speaks for itself.

http://www.local10.com/news/petition-cal...ot-dog/35959324

Thank God it wasn't a kid with a toy gun!

It's an over reaction if judged by the standard of social media.

But that's not a fair standard by which to judge.

You judge based on what the officer knew at the time. Not the "she was a sweet dog, she was curious" claims made by the family.

You should let the investigation run its course. Let the departmental policy be reviewed. Review his training and performance.

And, to keep it fair, how about posting a single video of the several thousand officers injured by aggressive dogs this year?

Or was it your intent to troll and stir up anti-police sentiment?

That is not my intent at all.
Our dogs will often rush outside simply out of excitement and to me that is what this one was doing. When I watch the video I see curiosity and perhaps some small degree of excitement, I see no evidence of any threat type behaviour. I see no justification for the officer's actions.
No I am not anti-police, far from it, but I am against people in such a responsible position exhibiting behaviour such as shown in this example.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I see a stranger creeping up on the house dressed up like a home invader. Looks like the dog did what it should have done.

Yep...

Last edited:

If you're an idiot dog owner than yes, you let your bully breed run free.

And a pit bull just killed a 5 year boy from Texas, tore him to shreds.
These cop hating trolls are so predictable, and I am not cop lover but give it a rest.

In this video, the dog was visible for less than a second. The view was partially blocked by the officer's body. There was no sound. We don't see the dog before it comes out. We don't know why the officer was there.

The dog was moving quickly, toward the officer and got within a foot or two. The officer fired. That's all we can really see from the clip.

How, on the basis of that scant information, can you reasonably judge that dog's behavior? Without being able to clearly see the dog's actions?

The officer had a clear view. The officer could hear the dog. The officer saw what happened in the seconds prior to the dog coming through the door.

And we still haven't heard the officer's side of the story. We've been presented one side of the story. That doesn't give us the tools to judge.

That dog was rushing him and trying to bite. She shouldn't have let it out the door if it was aggressive unless she intended for it to do just that. I'd a shot it too as would have most officers. We have no professional obligation to be bit by "Fluffy".

I love when the liberal media uses bulldog mix instead of pit mix, and yes that stupid dog charged the cop.

" Pit bull charges officer and cop defends himself" there fixed it for you, That's a PIT BULL mix, and yes it charged the officer, these dogs are viscous and not terribly bright, two just KILLED a 5 year old kid in Texas just a few days ago, tore him to shreds, Florida+pit bull mixes+idiot owners= this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zach1900
That's a PIT BULL mix, and yes it charged the officer, these dogs are viscous and not terribly bright, two just KILLED a 5 year old kid in Texas just a few days ago, tore him to shreds, Florida+pit bull mixes+idiot owners= this.

I noticed that too although technically it is a member of the bulldog family so they can twist it as such. The anti cop agenda is out of control.

At that rate, a pug mutt could be called a bulldog mix too. Lol.

You understand that the dog was on his own property?

Ahh, another anti-police person. This is and will be called justifiable. Any dog charges a police officer, they're allowed to shoot. Training will tell any officer that pepper spray is usually not effective, not to mention the wind or even a slight breeze can turn the spray on the officer, and a baton only gives you 18 inches in distance. Unfortunately, many people are ignorant to what police are taught, and how they are taught it. I'm a huge dog-lover, but I do not blame this officer for his actions. I truly believe if you were in this situation as he was, you would've reacted the same.

The cop should have let the pit bull mix bite him a few times first, because they are known to be a gentle loving "breed". *sarcasm off*

Yeah, I guess a person in a police uniform is a home invader... smh. Your anti-police comments are entertaining
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Yeah, I guess a person in a police uniform is a home invader... smh. Your anti-police comments are entertaining
smile.gif

Police indeed dress like thugs and home invaders these days. That's not in dispute. I know you think the all black looks cool but it belongs in rap videos and spy movies.

You understand that the dog was on his own property?

That isnt how it works. On his property or not, it is the dog owners responsibility. Had it been inside the house, that would be a different story. I hardly consider walking to the front door to be trespassing. Id say this situation falls under the negligence category.

http://personal-injury.lawyers.com/dog-bites/liability-of-dog-owners.html

I love the dog bite picture. Poor dog probably got a hand stuffed in his mouth just for this site. My male Newfoundland would put your hand in his mouth and lead you around the yard to his barn when he knew it was feeding time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back