Floor freezer recommendation?

I need to purchase a small floor freezer (to store some of my my dogs' home-made food).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand/model they like? Any features I should look for?

Thank you,
Ed

Is this different from an upright? Does the lid need to lift up to open? Not sure I ever heard of a "floor" freezer.
Maybe just a small freezer will work for you. Go to Home Depot and see what's available.
I hear there may be a long wait for new appliances these days.

I've always heard them referred to as "floor freezers" but maybe "chest" freezer is the more correct term? Anyway...that's what I'm looking for.

Ed

I bought this Frigidaire one last year - seems to be working fine.

On sale currently for $168, but availability varies by location:

If you're planning to run it in a garage, make sure the freezer is garage-ready as not all of them are and some have temperature restrictions.

I bought this Frigidaire one last year - seems to be working fine.

On sale currently for $168, but availability varies by location:

If you're planning to run it in a garage, make sure the freezer is garage-ready as not all of them are and some have temperature restrictions.
How do you know if a freezer is "garage ready"?

Ed

The old timer owner of the local appliance store recommended Amana to me. He says they use a more heavy duty compressor, and tend to be less prone to failure. Based upon reviews that I read last year when buying mine, my second choice would be a Frigidaire.

Back