floor drill press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the small vise that you already have, a short piece of 1/4" bar or strap and a brand new 1/2" drill bit. Ask him if you can run it under power. That is normal practice when buying machinery.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I may go look at it. Since he is selling an x/y table, i am worried that he tried to use it as a milling machine. That would cause a lot of spindle run-out if he did.

That and the fact he states he is making room for a new mill by selling the press and the table.

The sellers idea to get a mill is something to think about for yourself. There are smaller versions of larger mills. To me, 170 rpm is still too fast for some things and probably nothing is more dangerous than a drill press. I would love to have a Bridgeport or other USA mill, so much can be done on one.

For those of you that took offense to my earlier post in this thread to spas recommending that he negotiate with the fella to get the best price I here by ask you to accept my apologies for my choice of words. I had no clue what so ever that the word that I used is offensive. I am sorry and will never use it again in here. Thanks Astro for bringing this to my attention.

It's in my garage. Very clean, Taiwan made, not China. He had a very small mill so I think he got a good deal on the x/y table, but won't need it with the milling machine he plans to buy.
Checked spindle run-out at .002 . Belts and pulleys looked like new. It was hardly used at all.

Good job spas! You will like it I'm sure.
?? Are both thumb screws in place one on each side that holds belt tension?

Originally Posted by P10crew
Good job spas! You will like it I'm sure.
?? Are both thumb screws in place one on each side that holds belt tension?

Both there. This thing looks almost new.

IMG_20200119_181359319.jpg

IMG_20200119_181407960.jpg

IMG_20200119_181449475.jpg

IMG_20200119_181518601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back