flirting at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
20130829_124152.jpg

Not a bad deal on Mobil super 5000 high mileage 5w30...

Just saying. Nothing wrong with cracking a smile at the girl ringing you up, never know what you're gonna get.

8.99 a jug, yes please.

So what really happened? Was the item placed on the wrong shelf and you decided to profit from it? Looks kinda like stealing to me. Not sure I would brag about it. And I seriously doubt that a cashier would simply give you almost half off your bill simply because you flirted with her. If that is the case, you and her both should be locked up for theft.

Glad to see the direction the forum has taken. Now I remember why I left this place the first time.

I pointed out the oil was on sale locally for cheaper than their price..though I couldn't remember exactly what said price was. She asked if 8.99 was acceptable... the end. This wad actually the second buggy. The first, with only one jug, was full of 100$ worth of school supplies.

I would hardly define it as theft, merely an over eager assistant manager who wanted the customer to buy their made in China junk.

Should I bother to mention the 100$ worth of legal pads, pens, and padfolios was for law school? I think not. It would likely cause discusssoons of conspiracy.

That was a good deal on oil. Have a good school year too!

We don't see too many reports on the Super High Mileage, but it's a good product and always attractively priced.

I used its predecessor, Clean High Mileage for many years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
Glad to see the direction the forum has taken. Now I remember why I left this place the first time.

I pointed out the oil was on sale locally for cheaper than their price..though I couldn't remember exactly what said price was. She asked if 8.99 was acceptable... the end. This wad actually the second buggy. The first, with only one jug, was full of 100$ worth of school supplies.

I would hardly define it as theft, merely an over eager assistant manager who wanted the customer to buy their made in China junk.

Should I bother to mention the 100$ worth of legal pads, pens, and padfolios was for law school? I think not. It would likely cause discusssoons of conspiracy.

+1. Personally, if anyone should be placing fault on something, it should be on Wal-Mart policies and not you. Ironically, I had a somewhat similar incident happen to me at a Wal-Mart here in NH yesterday. I picked up a box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda along with some other items. There was only one left on the shelf and when I went to the register, the cashier found out some ding dong ripped off the bar code. She asked me if I remembered what the price was and I responded, "I think it was $3.24, but I know it was $3-something." So, she rang it up for $3. Therefore I credit your situation to good negotiating skills mixed in with some good fortune. And finally, I offer you my congratulations on a job well done.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat

Why didn't you just tell the whole story in the first place instead of leading people to believe you got a discount for simply flirting with the cashier?

Originally Posted By: cchase
Originally Posted By: Nayov
9% sales tax, wow that's high.

That's the first thing that stuck out to me, too!

is that your VAT?

if it is then you're very lucky.
22% here

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Nayov
9% sales tax, wow that's high.

We pay 13%.

Wish we payed 9%. Oh wait, I'm only
a few miles from the U.S. border. I'll
go their and shop and only pay 7% on oil
half the price up here.
grin2.gif