Flipping Oil Viscosity

I see some chatter here on bitog about failed motors that were using a heavier oil than specified, like a 20w50 when 5w30 or 0w20 was called for. That does seem odd. But, any fails from say using a modern 0w20 synth where a 20w50 was called for?

You catch on fast here, are you sure?

Not entirely no, could be a misfire but the posting patterns/subjects/syntax are very close and signing up proximity to yesterdays iteration ( which was abruptly ended as the alleged Japanese guy with the translator) are within a few minutes

Not entirely no, could be a misfire but the posting patterns/subjects/syntax are very close and signing up proximity to yesterdays iteration ( which was abruptly ended as the alleged Japanese guy with the translator) are within a few minutes
Hopefully it won’t take a law degree from Harvard to figure it all out.

I see some chatter here on bitog about failed motors that were using a heavier oil than specified, like a 20w50 when 5w30 or 0w20 was called for. That does seem odd. But, any fails from say using a modern 0w20 synth where a 20w50 was called for?

Which threads are you referencing ?

Nucular Troll?

1600297156621.png

What modern engine other than something exotic or hot rodded uses a 20W-50 ?.

What modern engine other than something exotic or hot rodded uses a 20W-50 ?.
Honda Shadow is a modern engine and uses a 20w40. But the grade does not really matter here, was just asking if doing the opposite of the other would cause the issue of using the heavier. The oil temp does not get that hot so the thinner oil should not be an issue?

Honda Shadow is a modern engine and uses a 20w40. But the grade does not really matter here, was just asking if doing the opposite of the other would cause the issue of using the heavier. The oil temp does not get that hot so the thinner oil should not be an issue?
A motor bike is not a passenger car.

I still want to know what threads you are referencing? " chatter here on bitog about failed motors that were using a heavier oil "

Where is this chatter you speak of?

Back