Flex Head Ratcheting Wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you enjoy BITOG, you might want to try garagejournal.com

Personally, I like the GearWrench brand, especially when it's on sale at sears.com or amazon.com

I'll have to give that place a try. I bought a ratcheting combonation 10mm and really liked it. I can think of several places to use a flex head but need a good price.

Try SK tools. They can be bought online for very little money and are (IMHO) a step up from the Craftsman level and just below the major truck brands.

I have a metric and standard set of Gearwrench ratcheting wrenches that I bought a few years ago. I had one of them have its ratcheting mechanism fall out while using it (I was like wut?). I contacted them and sent it back and they sent me a new one for free.

Originally Posted By: GeorgiaHybrid
Try SK tools. They can be bought online for very little money and are (IMHO) a step up from the Craftsman level and just below the major truck brands.

Huh? Where?

In my experience, SK's are great tools. But not exactly cheap.

Originally Posted By: onion
Originally Posted By: GeorgiaHybrid

Huh? Where?

In my experience, SK's are great tools. But not exactly cheap.

Maybe compared with Snap-On, SK is inexpensive.

Of course they're kind of "specialty" tools, but I paid over $100 each for an SAE and metric set of SK flare nut crow foot (feet?).

Try buying SK stuff from tooltopia.com. Look for deals on sets of wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, etc. They are not much more and in some cases, cheaper than Sears tools.

I use a snap-on flex head and a craftsman small socket one in my profession and they handle alot of abuse. not just work related abuse. but the abuse that happens after a bolt breaks or you drop a screw and you vent via the wrench.

That's a might jump to make between [censored] & SO. There are many fine tool brands between [censored] & the tool trucks. Wright Tools is another one.

for the average home user craftsmans new "evolv" line is decent and carries a smilar warranty. great for home and occasional auto repair. I got a set to keep inside the house so I dont have to go to my truck all the time.

Last weekend, Sears had a great sale on Gearwrench flex head ratcheting wrenches. I picked a metric (10mm through 17mm) set for $30. I guess they don't make it anything smaller than 10mm. The wrenches are very nice and feel good in hand.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back