Fleet Farm Resolute auto batteries

Had the pleasure of my Avalon's battery fail at work today.

Who makes the F-F batteries? Went with that, having had good results with their deep cycle batteries, in the past. Had to make a quick decision, as I had to be back on the road quickly.

As an aside, the Toyota battery that failed may have been original, which makes it 10 years old. I don't think too many people replace batteries at the stealership...but some do.

Had the pleasure of my Avalon's battery fail at work today.

Who makes the F-F batteries? Went with that, having had good results with their deep cycle batteries, in the past. Had to make a quick decision, as I had to be back on the road quickly.

As an aside, the Toyota battery that failed may have been original, which makes it 10 years old. I don't think too many people replace batteries at the stealership...but some do.
Was it a Panasonic battery? The one in my old ECHO lasted over 11 years.

Do any of you test your batteries at each oil change? I would have expected a 10-yr old battery to have failed testing for multiple years by now.

Do any of you test your batteries at each oil change? I would have expected a 10-yr old battery to have failed testing for multiple years by now.
Nah I didn’t. I knew the starter was getting kind of slow so before winter arrived I bought a new battery. But it was doing all right for at least 10 years.

Nah I didn’t. I knew the starter was getting kind of slow so before winter arrived I bought a new battery. But it was doing all right for at least 10 years.
I think one can argue that a good preventative maintenance program should include testing the 12V Battery, since it is an item that can leave the driver stranded at an inconvenient time.

I agree with you. The past 2 batteries I've replaced have both failed while on the job; with absolutely no warning at all. Fired up perfectly during our extended period of below zero weather recently

Well, you know what they say: batteries die in the summer but they fall over in the winter.

My starter was a bit slow this fall. Then when the -20F hit it would run out of juice on the first crank attempt. Would start on the second attempt but started to mess with stuff, like not running the blower motor except on defrost.

Also making a quick decision, and grabbed the most expensive battery Walmart seems to sell, but it still 1/3 of what the dealership charges. Starts fine now!

Back