Fleet Farm Oil Filter Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that after my local fleet farm started selling off their old Purolator stock for 80%+ off, they picked up Mobil 1 EP filters priced at $11.98...

Anyone else notice the same trend at their local Fleet farm?

Last edited by a moderator:
By your location I'm assuming you're in Fargo?
Does Fargo's Fleet Farm carry Purolators? I always just see a wall of orange and get discouraged.

The store I saw this at was in Alexandria, but they still had a huge wall of orange fram gear. I found the mobil 1 ep's right were the clearance of purolator filters was a few months ago.

I have not been to the Fargo fleet in a month or so...

I walked through the Lakeville, MN filter aisle a few weeks ago but nothing new caught my eye. I didn't look close though as I rarely buy filters in a store. Historically it's been all Fram and a small selection of Honeywell Defense filters.

Yeah and I never thought I'd pay $4+ bucks a gallon for gas...
33.gif

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I'll never pay $12 for an oil filter

Buy certain diesel pickups and you will ( : < )! Even the bottom dollar filters are $10.

I usually go to either the Blaine or Brooklyn Park stores. Neither one of those has had Purolators for at least a couple years. They used to carry both the Classics and the P1s. Now they have Fram, Defense, and K&N. I don't recall seeing M1 filters at Fleet Farm, but I'll have to take a look next time I go in there.

The stores I visit also carry K&N, forgot to mention that...

They also carry 70% of amsoil stuff, of course they don't carry the SSO line or the MTF I need, LOL.

surprising to see how the stock varies from store to store, you would think they would all have the same filters considering its a corporate chain.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
The stores I visit also carry K&N, forgot to mention that...

They also carry 70% of amsoil stuff, of course they don't carry the SSO line or the MTF I need, LOL.

surprising to see how the stock varies from store to store, you would think they would all have the same filters considering its a corporate chain.

Yes, they are a corporate chain but each store is able to decide what they want to stock up to a point. The Appleton store does not carry the M1 filters, but we do have all of the Frams and a limited selection of the Defense stuff. We have K&N air filters, but no oil filters. There's still a small shelf of Purolators that are marked $1 each, but they are the obscure part numbers.

We also have the Amsoil XL line and used to have the 5W40 diesel oil, but they stopped carrying it because nobody bought it. SVG and ATF is on the shelf for $12/quart, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back