Flatus Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Water vapour would have to be taxed, too. We'd better cut down all the trees. They release tons of harmful water vapour into the atmosphere.

Trees release carbon dioxide at night. Time to cut them down.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I see that you don't want to answer my questions...

what question(s)?
54.gif

..and .. I see you can't handle challenges to your assertions without a link to some whackjob website.

I see you don't want to answer my questions..

If you have to pay more for energy, you have less money to spend and employ people with. Just about everyone in the country realized this when gas went to $4. I guess this effect was lost on you.

Paying people to dig holes and fill them up or building bridges, roads, and airports to no where is not good for the economy. USEFUL things must be produced in order for the economy, and those in it, to prosper.
Paying taxes on a false "pollutant" is not productive, or useful. It does however bring in lots of tax money to a government ravenous for money, however.

Since, under your theory it doesn't matter who spends the money, you should be perfectly happy with energy taxes going up by 500% or so??

Isn't having less money for people to SPEND and more money for the government to reduce deficit more "productive"? because it reduces future taxes? Isn't less tax because of less government deficit in the future, rather than 10k LCD TV now, is more productive to the society?

I though this is suppose to trickle down.

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Water vapour would have to be taxed, too. We'd better cut down all the trees. They release tons of harmful water vapour into the atmosphere.

Trees release carbon dioxide at night. Time to cut them down.

They are carbon neutral in their life cycle. All plants except those convert CO2 into CaCO2 (Coral, Oyster) are carbon neutral.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I see that you don't want to answer my questions...

what question(s)?
54.gif

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1441192
smirk2.gif

Quote:
So you would have no problem with a 500% tax increase on energy? How about 1000%? If higher taxes create jobs, why not go to 2000%

Oh ... same "stuff" "If you aren't willing to save $0.50 ..then you're obviously willing to spend every last dime you have and borrow more in addition" type polarized junk. Can't you reformat the trash to a new tune??

"If you're not 100% wid us ..you're agin us to the same smacked arse extreme that us whack jobs are. A link said so."

Quote:
And you didn't address Pablo's post.

Are you fostering or sponsoring him in the militia? Starting a PNW chapter?

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
All plants except those convert CO2 into CaCO2 (Coral, Oyster) are carbon neutral.

Corals and oysters are plants?
LOL.gif

Beans will be genetically modified so as to produce no gas. Growing of heritage varieties will be banned.

land plants are mild carbon sinks since they release carbonate ions into the soil, which react with metal ions, washing them into the groundwater and eventually into the ocean, where the corals and so on do their thing.

Without volcanoes releasing CO2 back into the atmosphere, most life on Earth would rapidly come to an end. Fuel-caused emissions are only about 2% of the total flow. But human-caused changes in the natural cycle might cause problems.

Beans will be genetically modified so as to produce no gas. Growing of heritage varieties will be banned.

I suppose you are unaware that you can prevent beans from being a gassy food by preparing them properly?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman

I suppose you are unaware that you can prevent beans from being a gassy food by preparing them properly?
wink.gif

But how can you take advantage of the sintered metal implants that will allow gas collection for productive use??
54.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
wink.gif

Is that like making a [censored] colada?
grin2.gif

Julian... what!?

You soak the dried beans in water for a few hours. You bring the water to a boil. You turn the water off. You dump the water. You soak the beans in fresh water overnight. Then you cook them.

Alternatively, you can also remove the skins after soaking the beans, which isn't a fun chore.
wink.gif

Taxus Flatulus . Sounds like a great title for a Three Stooges 20-minute short. Gotta have Curly, of course
wink.gif
See, there's nothing to eat but beans, and the Grandus Poobus imposes such a high Flatulus Taxus
grin2.gif
that the common people can't afford them- but with the Stooges around, you know that soon everyone'll get some beans, and something funny's gonna happen.
thumbsup2.gif

We called it the F*rt Tax....but it didn't end up happening.They will sneak something the same,called something else in the back door when we aren't watching.

For a country whose main produce is agricultural,these taxes would be crippling to farmers.Anyway,cows don't f*rt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back