FLAT ? THREADED!! Anyone else having problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I come to each post I get the "FLAT" view. I don't like the flat view. I like the threaded view. So, I go to my own settings and change it to be "THREADS" Viola.. it no pay attention to me, but it give me the flat view again. My head hurts!! Anyone else out there having this same issue?
Darth-Sidious.jpg

Not allowing images isn't an all bad idea... Go to some boards and there's lotsa questionable stuff in those avatars.

Great for eye-candy's sake, bad for quality. Although I do like G-Man's popcorn guy.
smile.gif

Still have an issue with the flat part! *S* Every time I come in to a new thread it's flat and not threaded. Now that should be an option. I personally like the threaded view, like it was before, a lot better.

Darth-Sidious.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

Images are not allowed in the signature. Sorry.

The FAQ says that you can
dunno.gif
,,just thought i'd let you now.

The default setting for the board script allows it. The admins have decided to disable that option.

Quote:

Still have an issue with the flat part! *S* Every time I come in to a new thread it's flat and not threaded. Now that should be an option. I personally like the threaded view, like it was before, a lot better.

Now I'm confused. I'm almost 100% sure the old board had no provision for a threaded view.
confused.gif

A threaded view, while available here, makes no sense for this style board. In general, I do prefer a threaded forum, which allow you to directly reply to one particular post in a thread (without the need for quoting).

Ok.. so this pic below is of a 'threaded' forum?
flat_forum.jpg

Then the 'flat' view is where you can just scroll down and see what everyone posted and see their responses rather than clicking on one particular message. I went back in to my Home Page and selected "FLAT" and it returned to the way I was accustomed to it in here.
smile.gif

Darth-Sidious.jpg

Actually, if the view is threaded as show in the above screen shot, then threading makes sense. It simply means that you can pick exactly to who you choose to reply in a thread, and it's obvious who said what to whom. I didn't know you could reply to a particular person in a thread on BITOG, though.

As BITOG is usually set up, you simply add your post at the bottom of a thread.

Quote:

Actually, if the view is threaded as show in the above screen shot, then threading makes sense. It simply means that you can pick exactly to who you choose to reply in a thread, and it's obvious who said what to whom. I didn't know you could reply to a particular person in a thread on BITOG, though.

As BITOG is usually set up, you simply add your post at the bottom of a thread.

Nope. Your description is accurate for the old forum. On the new forum, if you click on "Reply" or "Quote" in a person's post (like I did to reply to your post), then in threaded mode my reply will show up as a reply to your post.

Well, I cleared my cookies in the user panel, after setting it to "FLAT". So when I logged on, and came here it looked like it always did. I see the beginning post and remarks, the next poster, and his reply, the next poster and his reply and so on and so forth.
smile.gif
I have it set as flat and all is well.
Ya should talk to the admins about adding very small jpg pictures in the signaure area. As long as they were small, in the 15k size or less it wouldn't take any more time to load than normal with all the other graemlins that are available, really.

Vern_small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back