FLAT ? THREADED!! Anyone else having problems??

Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
613
Location
SW Michigan, near Fennville
When I come to each post I get the "FLAT" view. I don't like the flat view. I like the threaded view. So, I go to my own settings and change it to be "THREADS" Viola.. it no pay attention to me, but it give me the flat view again. My head hurts!! Anyone else out there having this same issue?
 
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
11,284
Location
Spring HIll
Not allowing images isn't an all bad idea... Go to some boards and there's lotsa questionable stuff in those avatars. Great for eye-candy's sake, bad for quality. Although I do like G-Man's popcorn guy.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
Quote:
How can I get a popcorn guy ??
You can't. That's mine.
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
11,264
Location
Bad Axe, MI
Quote:
Images are not allowed in the signature. Sorry.
The FAQ says that you can ,,just thought i'd let you now.
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
11,264
Location
Bad Axe, MI
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Images are not allowed in the signature. Sorry.
The FAQ says that you can ,,just thought i'd let you now.
The default setting for the board script allows it. The admins have decided to disable that option.
I see...
 

Nebraskan

Thread starter
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
613
Location
SW Michigan, near Fennville
Still have an issue with the flat part! *S* Every time I come in to a new thread it's flat and not threaded. Now that should be an option. I personally like the threaded view, like it was before, a lot better.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
Quote:
Quote:
Images are not allowed in the signature. Sorry.
The FAQ says that you can ,,just thought i'd let you now.
The default setting for the board script allows it. The admins have decided to disable that option.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
Quote:
Still have an issue with the flat part! *S* Every time I come in to a new thread it's flat and not threaded. Now that should be an option. I personally like the threaded view, like it was before, a lot better.
Now I'm confused. I'm almost 100% sure the old board had no provision for a threaded view.
 
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
23,591
A threaded view, while available here, makes no sense for this style board. In general, I do prefer a threaded forum, which allow you to directly reply to one particular post in a thread (without the need for quoting).
 

Nebraskan

Thread starter
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
613
Location
SW Michigan, near Fennville
Ok.. so this pic below is of a 'threaded' forum? Then the 'flat' view is where you can just scroll down and see what everyone posted and see their responses rather than clicking on one particular message. I went back in to my Home Page and selected "FLAT" and it returned to the way I was accustomed to it in here.
 
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
23,591
Actually, if the view is threaded as show in the above screen shot, then threading makes sense. It simply means that you can pick exactly to who you choose to reply in a thread, and it's obvious who said what to whom. I didn't know you could reply to a particular person in a thread on BITOG, though. As BITOG is usually set up, you simply add your post at the bottom of a thread.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
Quote:
Actually, if the view is threaded as show in the above screen shot, then threading makes sense. It simply means that you can pick exactly to who you choose to reply in a thread, and it's obvious who said what to whom. I didn't know you could reply to a particular person in a thread on BITOG, though. As BITOG is usually set up, you simply add your post at the bottom of a thread.
Nope. Your description is accurate for the old forum. On the new forum, if you click on "Reply" or "Quote" in a person's post (like I did to reply to your post), then in threaded mode my reply will show up as a reply to your post.
 

Nebraskan

Thread starter
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
613
Location
SW Michigan, near Fennville
Well, I cleared my cookies in the user panel, after setting it to "FLAT". So when I logged on, and came here it looked like it always did. I see the beginning post and remarks, the next poster, and his reply, the next poster and his reply and so on and so forth. I have it set as flat and all is well. Ya should talk to the admins about adding very small jpg pictures in the signaure area. As long as they were small, in the 15k size or less it wouldn't take any more time to load than normal with all the other graemlins that are available, really.
 
Top