Flashlube valve saver fuel additive

Hi all,

Saw some flashlube valve saver/lead replacement and had some questions around it that you guys might be able to help with.

Specifically:

- what is it? Is it the same kind of thing as lucas ucl fuel treatment/mmo/tcw3?
- can it safely be used with ethanol fuels and does it help with protection from ethanol associated issues?
- can it safely be used in non-lpg car/cars that run on unleaded gasoline e.g. Instead of lucas ucl or mmo or tcw3 etc.
- if you've tried it before in a non-Lpg car was it any good?

Anyone with knowledge of petrochemicals/fuel additives able to weigh in on this? You're help is of course much appreciated :)

what exactly is a UCL lubing if you arent using a dry fuel such as propane.

also how to you even use this stuff if you are converted to propane.

Hint none of my valves are receding or need lubed.

what exactly is a UCL lubing if you arent using a dry fuel such as propane.

also how to you even use this stuff if you are converted to propane.

Hint none of my valves are receding or need lubed.
I'll be honest I don't know. Just know that when I put lucas fuel treatment / ucl my car engine runs more smoothly and seems to get slightly better mileage but the price has been going up.

Saw this flashlube product and it is a lot cheaper so just wondering if it could be substituted but I don't know much about cars

For anyone interested managed to speak to someone at flashlube and they advised:
Can be used with ethanol fuel blends
Coats the valves to protect from wear
Can be used in modern cars and cars that aren't using lpg fuels
Will also clean fuel injectors

So from their description it seems like it's safe to use in most cars and I feel it is a good replacement to lucas ucl/ fuel treatment at potentially a cheaper price.

Enjoy the answer to a question you didn't ask :)

https://www.flashlube.com/products/valve-saver-fluid sds has some info

Cheaper price? Not sold anywhere around here so where are you getting it cheaper?

Lucas is $30-40 a gallon and sold everywhere. Marvel too! And, tcw3 can be found for $20/gallon.

Found an online store with flashjoke for $20/qt

Also seem to sell a 'marvel inverse oiler' or "Ampco oiler" equivalent with their kits.

@Greasymechtech

Sorry should've said am posting from oz. Lucas is an import so often much more pricey these days which is very annoying as I've had good results with it.

If I was able to get it at the same price as you lucky beggars I would keep using it :(

I use this in an LPG vehicle - I do not know however, if it is effective in the way that I use it.

i) I start and shut the engine off on petrol before switching to LPG after a few minutes; and

ii) I periodically run the engine entirely on petrol for 50-100 kilometers

The hope is that this product (and others, similar) "coat" the valves to provide some protection from valve-seat recession whilst on LPG.

I use this in an LPG vehicle - I do not know however, if it is effective in the way that I use it.

i) I start and shut the engine off on petrol before switching to LPG after a few minutes; and

ii) I periodically run the engine entirely on petrol for 50-100 kilometers

The hope is that this product (and others, similar) "coat" the valves to provide some protection from valve-seat recession whilst on LPG.
Most newer vehicles that use unleaded gas have hardened valve seats / inserts..

Most newer vehicles that use unleaded gas have hardened valve seats / inserts..

Quite a lot of unleaded engines when converted to LPG will suffer with receded valve seats.

If this product is what I'm thinking about then you buy a kit which uses vacuum and a bottle to gently feed it into the intake while running to protect the valve seats.

Quite a lot of unleaded engines when converted to LPG will suffer with receded valve seats.

If this product is what I'm thinking about then you buy a kit which uses vacuum and a bottle to gently feed it into the intake while running to protect the valve seats.
what exactly means "quite a lot" ?
lpg egt is a bit cooler than gasoline, so it´s not coming from that..

Back