Fixing two pet peeves on the Ford Taurus

@DuckRyder I have begun introducing distilled water into the process.
20230105_133521.jpg

This product here is now in the system as well (only flush they had.)
20230105_133431.jpg

Getting the G-05 from NAPA.

I wouldn’t have wasted money on a flush when you can’t properly flush water through the radiator and block.

I wouldn’t have wasted money on a flush when you can’t properly flush water through the radiator and block.
Yup. I also see the reservoir hasn't been cleaned from what I can tell. Would be good to get that as clean as possible before starting this process.

Last one I did, I didn't bother with Distilled for the flushes, just the final fill.
for the Flushes i just used Reverse osmosis water (25¢/gal at the local water softener company)
the car never complained...

Found this video. I don't think he had a nut on the rear, lol. Very informative.

I don't think I'm going to remove/clean the tank. It was suggested, sure, dont think I didnt see.. But.. The heat is blowing noticeably hotter, and I'm still doing the flush process until water runs clear, distilled in, drive, repeat a few or maybe more times before the temperature will drop before 32 and the G-05 will go in (I chose Zerex G-05 concentrated over NAPA Gold pre-mixed.) It's basically like a varnish, sure, but, compare that to the rest of the system. The flush is going well. This is over a couple to a few days, of course. Similar to @JHZR2 idea.

I'm still proud of myself for getting it in. My ratchets didn't let me get the nut on super tight, and 10mm wrench I don't know where it went 🤷‍♂️It is on there very snug and secure now though. Both nuts.

Oh, and one more thing about that tank.. Someone mentioned I have the "older style tank" earlier on, and from what I've seen that *doesn't* seem to be the case? I may have been inclined to re-do the progress of getting screw in nut after finding and putting in anchor point for bolt to remove and replace with a new clean tank OF UPDATED STYLE, but, unless anyone has info about the updated reservoir, what part number it is etc, my research seems to suggest that the updated one IS exactly the one on there now.. not the one with the black top, which may be the old style one.

The head gaskets is fine, thankfully. No abnormal bubbling as seen by bringing the coolant level up and letting it run with cap off. That is yesterday's color, old stuff coming out.

20230105_095829.jpg

Now, about the other Pet Peeve on the Ford. Fixed yesterday. Once I became aware the fuses were under dash and not under hood.. was very easy from there.

20230105_160102.jpg
20230105_155727.jpg
20230105_155756.jpg
20230105_160243.jpg

Related pic going up in the 100% Random Photos thread.

Today's color
20230105_095829.jpg
20230106_092716.jpg
20230106_092724.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t really know what you’re showing us. The sequence of change in color showing a change in chemistry or reduction of rust in the system would be better. What I see is a cloudy fluid in the reservoir and what is likely a mess on the floor. Get a proper coolant funnel and do it right.

Back