Fixing Siding Trim Board

Trying to fix a siding trim board, as it is peeling off? What is the best way to fix it?

Like use screws or drill through and use an anchor or nails?

Will be doing it for the first time so would appreciate input and help:

+1 on the construction adhesive like liquid nails. I would also see if you can "toe nail" it at the top to the board above. I would screw it though and not nail it. Personally I would not drill the brick. There is no going back on that one.

just my $0.02

My opinion is that adhesive by itself will be a temporary fix. I would use screws made for brick. Tapcon screws to be specific. You don’t need big ones and maybe a couple at the top along with the adhesive will do the job. You will need a masonry bit as well if you don’t have one.

Set your trim and drill thru that to mark your hole on the brick then drill the brick. Return the trim board to position and attach. If the screw head is not flush then drill a bigger hole the same width and depth as the screw head so as to countersink it.

From a distance backing behind it seems to be wood, what has been your experiences? Will confirm, but if wood, then can use a deck screw or any outdoor screw meant for wood and then caulk it.

From a distance backing behind it seems to be wood, what has been your experiences? Will confirm, but if wood, then can use a deck screw or any outdoor screw meant for wood and then caulk it.

Screw would be best. They have small head screws so they won’t show too much. A 1” or 1 ¼ “ length should do it.

I would caulk the top part first before screwing if you can. I’m thinking that corner gets a lot of water with those two downspouts right there.

Back