fix for small tear in leather seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
its in a non stress area, under the side of a side bolster. about size of a nickel.

whats the best kit to use to glue in a backing pad and then match the top color.

some say 3m but say many kits the "epoxy" or whatever glue dries out.

thoughts?
thanks

I would ask a place the does upholstery. My guess is the 3rd or 4th time you do a fix like this you will know how to do it properly.

Look on Amazon and read reviews.

Recently had my aging leather seats repaired. Mine were beyond repair and tears formed everywhere. After doing much research I ended up at an upholstery that advertised car leather re-covering as their specialty. My next choice was buying a replacement OEM leather seat cover outright and having them install it. Their seat repair, where they replaced entire sections cost $40 less than a new full cover.

The areas on the seat that were part of the side airbags, they didn't touch, understandably to avoid lawsuits. They told me to
buy a replacement OEM cover online. Luckily the tear on that part of the seat is similar size to yours. They also told me since a small tear becomes a big one pretty quick, that I could just use strong duct tape in the meantime.

That surprised me... the duct tape part. I asked them if they had any they'd recommend. They stuck one on my car that they had in the shop. It definitely is a thicker variety and super sticky. Wish I could tell you more. I did look at the roll saw no branding. 8 months later, it is holding up well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back