Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of that going on here everyday, i don't think we need a separate forum for it.
crackmeup2.gif

I used to love fishing until I went salmon fishing out of Half moon Bay Calif. around 1988. You can't use barbed hook so catching and releasing is easy. We were lucky that day catching and releasing so many fish that the last hour or so it really sucked fighting the Salmon to see how big they were. I go fishing about 3 times a year and it is just not the same after that day in Half Moon Bay.

I was massively into freshwater fishing from about grade school....all the way up until I was about 40 years old.

I lost interest for several reasons. Main reason is that where I've lived during all those years, a huge influx in population ensued. Crowds nearly every decent place to fish. Of course fees and regulations expanded tremendously in response. Bait fishing in many of the streams/rivers I used to fish has become banned. Then...with the growth of competitive style fishing (bass boats, electronics, etc.) the simple fun of fishing in my local lakes has been almost taken over by these types.

Just not my thing anymore. Seems like many activities start out being enjoyable when you are young and the world is new. Now, it's not worth it to me and is more an aggravation and test of my tolerance of others.

Anyway....plenty of folks on here fish. It might be a good idea for a forum.

I'd be down for that. I got a nice 18' fibreglass fishing boat. four rod holders out the back, trolling motor, Main motor, downrigger. I love going fishing.

Oil for outboards, oil for fishing reels, grease for trailer winches & wheel bearings & fishing reels. oil/grease substitutes for fly-line dressing. As well as what oil to use to fry the fish!
grin2.gif

Yup, it's a natural. I can see it now:
"Why can't I use the same oil in my 1950's 22 HP Buccaneer as in my 2014 Johnson 4-stroke?"
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back