FIrst UOA - QSUD 5w-20 Honda Accord 2006 - 5,788 miles - 1 year OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DirtyOilGuy
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Everything is fine here. But this is the old batch..... probably SN.
The QSUD new formula is different and SN Plus / Dexos 1 Gen 2.

What oil is inside that engine currently?

currently in the car...
[Linked Image]

here is the QSUD bottle i used....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and heres the filter i used...havent cut it open yet...disregard the mobil 1 box
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hey, if you want, I'd be glad to cut and post the filter in case stuff happens. Just letting you know and looks like good UOA
smile.gif

Wow looks good, almost 5800 miles and only 4 ppm iron wear with a retained TBN of 3.4 so lots of life left in the oil

That's an excellent uoa. I'll be curious to see how the M1 compares to it. I hope you do a uoa on it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I've never had qualms about choosing QS for any of my cars. Isn't their motto "Just dammn good oil", or something like that....

I had qualms in the '80s when I saw under the valve covers of engines that had run only QS oils. Sludgefest. The modern SOPUS stuff, however, is nice. I scored 5x 5qt jugs of it last year when it went on clearance at Advance Auto, both cars' engines were quiet with it in the crankcase (Toyota and Ford V6 engines). Probably will switch back when my current stash of Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage is used up...QS seems to have ~30ppm more moly on board based on PQIA and BITOG UOA data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back