First time using SuperTech

EEE

Walmart did not have my preferred oil (M1 0w20 or 5w20)...tried two different stores. Got the ST 0w20 to try. Noticed that the price showing up online is about 1-2 dollars less than on the shelf. Same for the M1 oil filter I use. Not sure why the discrepancy...But, I didn't feel like waiting on my oil change, so got the ST for my 2013 accord. For my 2010 civic I bought the M1 (5w20) online. Obviously I have no comments on ST being good or bad and likely will not have any feedback on it, unless I see consumption. I have not had any consumption on this car since I had some work done on it and they replaced the valve cover gasket and the plug tube seals. If this oil shows similar performance to other oil I have used, I will continue to use it.

Walmart did not have my preferred oil (M1 0w20 or 5w20)...tried two different stores. Got the ST 0w20 to try. Noticed that the price showing up online is about 1-2 dollars less than on the shelf. Same for the M1 oil filter I use. Not sure why the discrepancy...But, I didn't feel like waiting on my oil change, so got the ST for my 2013 accord. For my 2010 civic I bought the M1 (5w20) online. Obviously I have no comments on ST being good or bad and likely will not have any feedback on it, unless I see consumption. I have not had any consumption on this car since I had some work done on it and they replaced the valve cover gasket and the plug tube seals. If this oil shows similar performance to other oil I have used, I will continue to use it.
You wont see any negative effects. It meets the same OEM req set by Dexos and ISLAC. There are oils "better" but not if you are driving a daily and not towing, tracking or off roading.

Should be A-ok and I wouldn't hesitate using it. Even M1 can have a tendency to burn off esp when changing over to it. But hard to pass up M1 when the rebates are going.

Nothing "negative" about using Super Tech Oil. As stated by many - Meets the specs. In fact, I've noticed LESS oil consumption with the ST than the previous oils used. (Mobil 1).

Now... It used to be a no-brainer.... but prices have increased and there may be other options. But I'm not switching over $2....

Supertech synthetic is good oil. I would not hesitate to use it, except that brand name oils on sale/rebate are actually cheaper than Supertech. Also, Walmart online prices are commonly lower than their shelf prices. I learned this the hard way by going into the store expecting the same prices I saw online. Nope.

As others said, ST works just fine. Sometimes WM will price match their online price, so it would be worth asking when you check out.

Back