first time user of gc

Status
Not open for further replies.
after all the rave i just started to use GC 0-30w i guess it the new batch golden in color still says made in germany.Im a newbe to this so i just have a few question,car is a 97 camaro ss with a 383 lt1 stroker,i broke the motor in with dino oil,engine has a little over 2000 miles,yesterday i put in GC,are there enough miles on the motor to start using GC,also i do not drive the car often so it might be 6months plus before i get 2000-3000 miles is it ok to leave the oil in for that long,Thanks for any info Rob

If you put it in yesterday, its a little late to ask if its too early to put it in
smile.gif

GC will likely be a good choice for that engine, I would put it in and not worry about taking 6 months to get to 2-3k miles. In fact, given that profile, Id consider just doing once a year changes, and using LC inbetween to ensure oxidation stability.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by rob97ss:
what is LC??

Rob,

It is an additive called Lube Control....I have never used it but I believe it inhibits oxidation allowing you to extend your change interval.

PS Don't drive out to JFK too often...don't want those pilots getting hooked on GC and buying it all up for their 777s!
wink.gif

quote:

PS Don't drive out to JFK too often...don't want those pilots getting hooked on GC and buying it all up for their 777s!
wink.gif
[/QB]

LOL mums the word,not even my friends know where i got my GC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back