First roadbike - 2006 Honda 599 (Hornet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I just picked up this sweet 06 Honda 599 with only 4700kms on it. It's my first road going motorcycle and I love it! It sits more upright and comfy and uses an f3 cbr engine I believe.

I will be running hdeo in it mostly unless I find something else that would justify the extra cost.

Here are some pics. It's in need of a cleaning since I had to ride it home in the rain but you get the idea.

Cheers!
banana2.gif

[img:left]
IMG_1034.jpg
[/img]

[img:left]
IMG_1036.jpg
[/img]

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying myself now. I wish I had started out years ago.

First oil change (by me) today at 4815 kms. Whatever was in there was very thin. Should be a bit smoother with the 15w40 I put in.

Nice bike, I was gonna get a hornet as my first bike but someone bought it before I could. I ended up w/ a 01 f4i, love it.

Nice!! You will enjoy that bike. I cannot figure out why
those didn't sell better in North America. They are very
popular in Europe and make a really fun city bike.

Originally Posted By: RC46_Rider

Nice!! You will enjoy that bike. I cannot figure out why
those didn't sell better in North America. They are very
popular in Europe and make a really fun city bike.

Because North America is largely a poser market, with sales made up mostly of Baby Boomer cruiser riders and, to a lesser extent, squids buying sportbikes. Look at the sales data..... Real-world, practical bikes (like this one) just don't have the "flash" needed for this market, where being seen riding is more important than actually riding.....

Originally Posted By: chambers
Nice bike, I was gonna get a hornet as my first bike but someone bought it before I could. I ended up w/ a 01 f4i, love it.

SO weird, me too ! i passed on a 599 for RED & WHITE F4I back in 01 and im kicking myself silly becouse a year later i passed up a RC51 in mint condition with 3,000 miles on it for $5,000 never have forgiven myself for that mistake..

Originally Posted By: Mik

Because North America is largely a poser market, with sales made up mostly of Baby Boomer cruiser riders and, to a lesser extent, squids buying sportbikes. Look at the sales data..... Real-world, practical bikes (like this one) just don't have the "flash" needed for this market, where being seen riding is more important than actually riding.....
+1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back