First Payment Due and No Motorcycle Yet ... :~(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Without a memo title, you can't register the machine for road use.
Also, the bike will likely need a state inspection to verify the VIN.
This thing shouldn't be on an MSO. It should be delivered to you with a title from your state.
How much money did you save over a local shop to make this aggravation worth it?

Once again, no local shops whatsoever, Guzzi dealers few and very far in between. Some closer ones with stock were no where near this price of $5000 off, and were at MSRP. A financed brand new vehicle's title is never given to the debtor, the vehicle is delivered with a Certificate of Origin which you then take to your state DMV along with a copy of your state's Application for Title form (provided by your DMV or by your dealer). Both are turned in to your state DMV when you go to plate the vehicle. If the vehicle is financed the DMV produces a state title and sends it to the lein holder (bank). If you bought it outright the DMV produces a state title and sends it to you with no lein holder shown on title. Vehicles bought out of state also have to have a VIN check performed and signed off on DMV form by a Police Officer as NSR.

All of the above is for a factory new vehicle, not used.

I already have an Application for Title form from my state DMV-- the dealer provided that pre-filled out with their info on it within the electronic paperwork (PDF). The Certificate of Origin should be with the bike along with the Nevada paper dealer temp tag (license plate) but I need to confirm that.

Articdriver: You are correct sir.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Haulbikes (Daily Direct LLC) has yet to deliver the new Moto Guzzi 1200 I bought on July 28th. First $payment$ was due today.
frown.gif

Hmmmm... So they aren't daily, not direct, and limited in their liability....
I vote next purchase is a fly out and ride back!
Hope you get 'er soon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Without a memo title, you can't register the machine for road use.
Also, the bike will likely need a state inspection to verify the VIN.
This thing shouldn't be on an MSO. It should be delivered to you with a title from your state.
How much money did you save over a local shop to make this aggravation worth it?
This^^^^. Never "buy" anything you can't ride or drive first and drive home.

I am sorry for all the negative comments you are getting but I would be lying if I didn't say they weren't at least a little bit justified....

If the bike you bought was new and a current model year, not a left over or something else; and your closest "local" dealer had that model in stock, they should have been able to price match or at least come close to price match. That is totally asinine if they wouldn't even consider doing that.

Now you have to wait for shipping, hope it isn't damaged and then do all the legwork of getting it titled and registered by yourself. All that after a going down hard and deciding to keep riding? You sir, are a glutton for punishment and have the emotional durability of a battle tank If I don't say! And I do mean that with encouragement and respect.
cheers3.gif

Jarl is correct.

Actually any 2017 Stelvio's you might see advertised are IN FACT left over 2016 production stock which Guzzi had not shipped out from factory and were simply rebadged in Italy with a 2017 VIN before shipping out to dealers. Production on the "1200" CARC Guzzi's ceased after 2016 and Guzzi cannot meet Euro 4 emissions for model yr 2018 with the old 1200 (1151cc) air/oil cooled pushrod engine. They have a water cooled replacement in the works. That will be interesting but no thanks on a 1st yr all new liquid cooled engine from a company that has only ever made air cooled pushrod motors since 1911.

I feel for you and for the life of me do not understand the negative comments.
Oh my god people, wake up to the world of purchasing a product over the internet. Hello, if you order from AMAZON and do not get your product, who do you contact, UPS? Come on already.

My wifes career is pretty much logistics for a national promotion company, you know, like when you sit in an airplane and see the airlines name on the pillow, pens, glasses, or go to the hospital and see the hospital names on everything?
Or even motorcycle dealers or anything sold in this country.

Well, when sales people take orders from these companies, in many cases they are very time sensitive, lets say for a convention or whatever the reason, holidays etc BUT also the non time sensitive products MUST be delivered when promised!

MY POINT HERE IS LONERANGER purchased a product and it has not been delivered. (however I do not know what day the dealer promised him the product)
Loneranger should NOT be calling the shipping company, he should be calling the dealer. Its the dealer who took the order, the dealer who took his money and the dealer who has the product.
It is up to the dealer to get him the product when promised or a refund.

When someone places an order with my wifes company and it is not delivered on time, they do not call the shipper, they call her company and say where the [censored] is it? and get it to me now, or refund our money/cancel the order.

Loneranger = this is NOT a knock on what you are doing, I think it sucks what happened to you but you need to get on the dealers [censored] and tell them to get the product to you when promised or else.
Possibly criminal issues here tying you into a loan and not delivering or making restitution. Also a bank issue having a loan with no collateral, so the bank might be upset too!.

Last edited:
Sorry you're having to deal with this. Call the bank. Technically it's their motorcycle until you make the last payment. They get no payment until you receive the motorcycle. They will get involved. In the meantime, call Guzzi USA, the selling dealer, and raise mortal he-l! Maybe they can light a fire under the carriers @#$. Oh...and get used to waiting for stuff. Remember when I commented in another thread that you will get frustrated walking by it in the garage while you're waiting for the wiggling pin that goes in the wobbling shaft to arrive from Italy? It's a price you have to pay for owning an exotic brand with very few dealers nationwide. Again, sorry for the anguishing delay.

Going to get to the bottom of it on Monday.

FZ1, if I were to take it that far probably more a matter my state's Attorney General's consumer affairs division. Which I actually have a warm contact with a staff attorney there, from my work assignment. First name basis.

Don't believe I'll have to go that route however. I'm hoping they can get it delivered by end of this coming week. Want to have the bike for Labor Day weekend.
cool.gif

I hope you are right but I don't believe this scenario the dealer is spinning you.

I'll just take one thing back from my previous post. There was really nothing Criminal. Purchases are made all the time by paying in full it's just a matter when you get the merchandise. In your case yes I would be upset but there's nothing much you could do as you know it is in transit.
If it was me I would accept the fact that's my responsibility to pay the bank on time.l
Of course you can hound the dealer until you get it.

Last edited:
I work for a dealership that handles 3 Japanese MC brands. Sure we always ask retail, but I'm surprised that a dealer wouldn't try to match or work with you on the price to not lose the sale. We always will if the client has a verifiable price. If we don't have the bike we will try to get it.

There are a few factors that concern me, but I'm sure different states have differnt laws:

1:It's against our manufactures franchise agreement to ship bikes, customer must sign paperwork in person at dealership. At that point we can deliver the bike to local customers home as a convenience. Or they can arrange transport through their own means.

2:The Texas state comptroler wants their taxes. We can't give anyone a MSO (manufactures statement of orgin) . We as a dealer have to take to courthouse and register title to a Texas address, even if you are from out of state. We are near a port and have customers that ship to Mexico, Belize, and all over and they must pay taxes here.

3:The banks will sometimes call the customer to see if they have taken delivery. They won't fund till delivery is taken and we were actually put on probation with a lender because customer was called and bike never left shop as we were putting accessories on bike. So now customer has to drive bike around block and check back in to service department to satisfy lender requirements.

4: Customer is required to sign PDI Form, this is done after customer is given training on how bike operates, features, break in and maintenance requirements. Finally the client checks the condition of machine for any scratches or problems. Then signs PDI. This is required as goes back to manufacture.

Anyway best of luck.

Agreed on different states different laws. In my state the dealers that do internet/distance sales... the finance mgr must witness the debtor sign the loan paperwork. They get around this legally on distance deals by emailing PDF's of everything which the customer prints and then dealer finance mgr sets up a Skype type video call and walks customer through paperwork and customer signs off on the video call. I was investigating a loan fraud on a pre-owned Mercedes S550 that local high-end pre-owned dealer had done a long distance deal with customer in Florida and that is how they did it. It helped the investigation because the finance mgr was able to show that the customer's claim of "Never bought this car I was ID Thefted!!!" was [censored] as he had Skyped with the same person as on the FL driver license photo obtained from FL DMV whose info they had received during sales process, and had solid proof of the video call. Ironically, the car was eventually recovered in Reno NV metro area Sun Valley to be specific . . .

Nevada requires original signatures so the dealer PDF's the docs, customer prints, non-video phone call with finance mgr, walk-through and sign, then send it all in to dealer by snail mail. I sent certified delivery express mail.

Did the dealership ever give you a "the bike will be delivered by xyz date" either verbally or written?

Nope. And yes, I should have made a delivery date range part of the contract, but in my starry eyed excitement about the bike and the price I didn't. I deserve some knots on my head for that.

LR,
so sorry to hear about your situation.
i had a very similar experience with another bike delivery service.
just wait.
it will get worse.
mine did.
even though i had a contract...when my bike finally showed they wanted more in cash.
in the end ... i paid just to get my bike.
i hope yours doesnt get worse, but i fear it will.

steve

This was a dealer supplied delivery and I signed no separate papers with Daily Direct/Haulbikes-- they are acting as the dealer's transport agent. The transport fee was part of the deal and is listed on the purchase agreement under the dealer prep/services section.

Of course I hope that doesn't happen to me what happened to you, but the company hits me up for a cash surcharge then they get to haul the bike back to Euro Cycles of Las Vegas. Then I'm out from under it with a full refund and nothing less, even if it requires filing an action with my state Attorney General's Office (and/or Nevada AG) to freeze loan repayment until the matter is resolved in my favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back