First or second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put in Amsoil ASL in the 3.0 VQ in December. Didn't do an UOA to see what the condition of the engine is at the moment. Should I do an UOA after this run of ASL or UOA in one year when I change the oil out? It would be in the cleaning phase this time around since I have been running dino since the purchased the car. Comments and suggestions highly welcomed.
grin.gif

quote:

Just put in Amsoil ASL in the 3.0 VQ in December............Should I do an UOA after this run of ASL or UOA in one year when I change the oil out?

Not exactly following you (early here). How long do you plan on keeping this batch of ASL in? You say "after this run" OR "one year when I change".

I say if you just switched from dino, without doing an AutoRx clean, you should NEVER go a full year or beyond 7500 miles.

As for your question, let me pose a question back - what's the purpose of you doing a UOA? Engine health? (sooner the better) More or less evaluating oils? (set up a controlled experiment)

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

quote:

Just put in Amsoil ASL in the 3.0 VQ in December............Should I do an UOA after this run of ASL or UOA in one year when I change the oil out?

Not exactly following you (early here). How long do you plan on keeping this batch of ASL in? You say "after this run" OR "one year when I change".

I say if you just switched from dino, without doing an AutoRx clean, you should NEVER go a full year or beyond 7500 miles.

As for your question, let me pose a question back - what's the purpose of you doing a UOA? Engine health? (sooner the better) More or less evaluating oils? (set up a controlled experiment)

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. My OCI is 6 months/10,000kms. Therefore, June would be on first time changing the ASL. Adviseable to do an UOA then or wait till December of '04(2nd change) to do the UOA? Would doing an UOA this year in December indicate a more accurate analysis of how the oil is performing in the engine and how the engine is responding to this specific oil? Main point of the UOA is to know how well the ASL is working in the engine. Do want to know if ASL is suitable for this engine from the UOA. I'll probably stick with Amsoil unless the UOA's are poor (which I doubt).

[ January 24, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: hkkc ]

Change the syn oil out at the regular interval the first time, cause of cleaning. Then with the second syn fill, sample the oil at the regular interval, if the anaylsis is o.k. let the oil run longer. If not adjust the mileage .Have Terry do the anaylsis,the extra $$ is well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back