First one in wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm changing my oil right now, [censored] you fumoto valve! Here are my choices. NAPA Syn 5w30, Pennzoil Platinum 10w30, Valvoline dino 10w30 or Pennzoil YB 5w30. First post wins.

Last edited:
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 65K

Pennzoil Platinum it is. I fixed the spelling. Just in a hurry. It's late here in Maryland.

Last edited:
I don't have any 5w20 and I'm going to be towing my @ss off starting next weekend. My manual and cap says 5w30 or 10w30.

Last edited:
5w30 would be fine if you are towing 10w30 will not flow as easily at any temp
i dont think the manuel says 10w30 in a toyota if it does i am suprised
all we do are engines the thinner stuff keeps the bearings slightly cooler and gets to the overhead cams on a lot of engines faster when cold and hot!

The manual states you can use 10w30 if 5w30 is not available. Not much difference with the mild temps here in Maryland. They are both still 30's when they heat up to operating temps, correct?

Last edited:
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
crazy2.gif

Come on man, we're having some fun.

Correct.. although if the temps are under 60 degrees you would benefit from the 5w30
I just looked it up on both my shop program and Castrol motor oil info and they both said 5w30
I originally thought 5w20 but that was not mentioned...

10-4. Like I said. Time to tow the boat for some rock fishing and crabbing.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
don't change the oil, wash your grill!

Yeah, it's been raining for the last three days, I've go [censored] all over my truck. She's due for a good scrubbing.

what happened to the good old days when you could open the hood and look at all the good stuff in the engine bay? Now you get to look at 4-6 yellow caps or handles, and a 3' wide piece of plastic. I personally like looking at wires and hoses.

on topic now....I would have chose the PP also

Oh, man! NOW you've done it.
You should never listen to those rabid
20.gif
P.P. fanboys.
29.gif

You really should have chosen the YELLOW BOTTLE!!
(ALWAYS choose the YELLOW BOTTLE!)

Oh, well. I suppose it's too late now.
whistle.gif
Your poor car will be lucky to make it out of the driveway before it EXPLODES!!
57.gif

grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back