First Oil Change; Oil Looks Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for a friend and I cannot seem to find any relevant, reliable, or referenced information on this: After coming home from a dealer, the first oil change on my buddy's RZR 570; the oil had a green tint to it. Polaris oil is not green. There is no evidence of coolant contamination other than milky residue on the bottom of the oil filler cap. That residue has not re-appeared since the oil change. Internet rumor has me believing condensation from frequent short runs can cause the oil to appear green. Has anyone heard of this?

I'd guess it was caused by moly-rich assembly lubes mixing with the crankcase oil.

Originally Posted By: retmotor
Polaris oil is not green.

The bottled Polaris stuff you can buy may not be green, but the factory fill may well be. That, or as some others have mentioned, it could be from assembly lube. Not at all uncommon for a factory fill to be a funny color.

An environmentally correct Bio-synthetic.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: retmotor
Polaris oil is not green.

The bottled Polaris stuff you can buy may not be green, but the factory fill may well be. That, or as some others have mentioned, it could be from assembly lube. Not at all uncommon for a factory fill to be a funny color.

It's all the same stuff according to Polaris claim's, and on the RZR forum, most guys say their first oil change looks like regular oil. Maybe it is the assembly lube, but most guys report no green and a few guys report green.

Condensation seems to be the most logical variable.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

Might be just a tracer dye used by the oil manufacturer to identify the oil. The company that supplies Polaris oil also supplies oil for other small engine oem's such as Arctic Cat and Husqvarna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back