First OCI for 2022 Civic LX 2.0L

My daughter just had her first OCI(3760mi) on her new 2022 Honda Civic 2.0L NA. No UOA, just say'in.
The shop she took it to in PA used(according to the receipt) put in DuraMAX 0W20 FS/dexos. I looked it up and looks decent.

For the filter, the receipt only states 27356MP, whatever that is? My search comes up with NAPA ProSelect.
I've used'em in the past. Mmmm, they're alright!

Conclusion: To me, that's a bit long on a factory fill.
But, the shop used a decent synthetic oil & a so-so filter. :cautious:

Last edited:
With a new car, I would either do it myself, or take it to the dealer. I hate going to little shops with a brand new car. Did the car tell her she needed an oil change or was she proactive? Hondas usually go 10k between oil changes. At least my minder hits about 10% at around 9500 miles. Good for her going in early! But, if it were me, I would convince her to go back to the dealer being a new car and all. That said, I have never had an oil change at the dealer, since I bought the tools to do it myself. The only Honda I would consider now is the 2.0L NA engine (I think it only shows up in the Civic and the hybrid Accord)..

That Civic should go 200k. My wife's 2010 has 243k on it and drives like a dream. Just did rear brakes for the first time. Original timing chain, shocks/struts, transmission/engine. I did the oil changes at 7500 miles on it from the beginning with M1, transmission fluid at 30-50k and a few minor things over the years. Biggest expense would have been the AC, which I did myself with a friend and replaced the belt along with the alternator at the same time. We will push this car to 300k and then decide what to do. I don't like getting rid of things when they still have useful life left in them. Best purchase of my life!

Btw, love your area of NY. I went to school there.

No need to stress about the duration of the FF. Honda has always recommended the first oil change to be at approximately the 20% mark on their MM. 27356 is in fact a ProSelect, the MP simply designates that the shop purchased a Master Pack (case lot); I have used them countless number of times with no ill effect. It sounds like a Dexos compliant oil was used, so that 2.0L has nothing to worry about for years to come.

Good luck!

She got the car during Thanksgiving week 2021.
It was proactive. Now she’ll go by the MM or do it 2X/yr.
I’ve always done her OCI’s however l will be doing the OCI’s less & less as she will not be home as often.

Back