First Fuel Fill Of The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I was the first boat to be splashed at my Marina this year. Because I put her away with a near empty tank, the Marina asked if they could put some fuel in the tank for a test run. I said sure, put in 50 gals. Now I am concerned that I got the first 50 gals sold this season, which is most likely last years fuel. Should I be conerned?

50 free gallons? **** my friend that was you lucky day! Our local marina is putting the docks in as we speak and gas is around $3.20 for 89!

As to your original question I don't think there should be a problem. How old is the filter/sepearator? If new or only a year old it should be fine.

New fuel filter each fall as part of the winter layup.

The gas was free, but I tipped them over $3.00 per gallon to put in for me!
pat.gif

Any fuel problem, you'll know first time you try to get on plane. It's a boat, there'll be real problems without looking for more.

Nowhere in your post did I see anything about free fuel
lol.gif

Bob

quote:

the Marina asked if they could put some fuel in the tank for a test run.

My Marina usually does not ask me to buy gas. It's the other way around. Save some $$ and fill up in town as it's usually cheaper.

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan00TJ:

quote:

the Marina asked if they could put some fuel in the tank for a test run.

My Marina usually does not ask me to buy gas. It's the other way around. Save some $$ and fill up in town as it's usually cheaper.

I would, but I don't have a trailer, so my boat lives year round at the marina.

Lake Shasta marinas charge $4.28 per gallon for regular gasoline as of last week, I sold my boat in 2002 when I thought gas was too pricy for me to enjoy a boat ride. $214.00 is alot for a day on the lake. There are lots of boats on the lake so I would guess the gas prices are not that high yet for most boaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back