Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried these on a truck? They get great review at Tirerack and I can get them installed locally for $465 out the door.

I am thinking about putting them on a 00 Silverado Reg cab with long bed. This truck will be used for work sometimes towing a 3,000 lb load.

I don't know much about tires and I have not been able to find out if these are LT or passenger tires at 255/70/16. I like the price and the reviews a whole lot.
Any opinions?

I had these tires on a G25 Van. They were great. Lasted pretty well with me and the traction was good. I believe I got about 40000 miles and they still wasnt down to the wear bars yet. I went with a Destination LE to replace them.

quote:

Originally posted by RH+G:
I had these tires on a G25 Van. They were great. Lasted pretty well with me and the traction was good. I believe I got about 40000 miles and they still wasnt down to the wear bars yet. I went with a Destination LE to replace them.

Are the firehawks a LT tire or passenger tire? I can get the destinations would cost me about $90 more out the door. Knowing the cost which would you recommend.

I will only put about 7500 miles a year on this truck. My main concerning is towing and ride comfort and noise level.

I had them on a Chevy S-10 pickup that my son drove. Nice tires, good looking, drove well. We never drove the truck in the snow though, so I can't comment on that.

Got 'em on my '04 Sierra and really like them. Have about 20K of wear and still look good. I'll prolly get 40K out of them.

They are not LT tires. I do some towing (about 3000lbs max) and it sees construction sites occassionally, but mostly street driving. They are a good bit smoother and quieter than the Generals they replaced.

Do a search here as we've talked about these tires before.

I have them on my truck. They're a P tire, no LT option. I'm satisfied with them, will probably get a set for my car when it needs new tires.
Experiment with tire pressures when you get them if the truck doesn't feel right, I had to bump up pressure ~6psi over what I ran in BFG Radial T/A's.

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back