Firestone destination le

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a set on my 2001 2wd shortbox Silverado, based on price, tirerack, and recommendations here. Best thing is the price. Wet and dry traction are excellent. Haven't tried them on snow or ice yet.

These tires replaced the original General 255-70R16's, and I do have a couple complaints. The Destinations have about 1.5" less tread width. And while traction is better, I don't like the ride as much--the Generals felt firmer. "Squishy" and "bouncy" are the best terms I can think of, and they feel sloppy on the highway compared to the original tires.

I've had a set on my S-10 for 11,000 miles now. I don't think they can be beat for the money. Wet traction is WAY better than the Goodyear Wrangler's they replaced. And they work pretty well in the snow. I will definately purchase again for this vehicle as well as my Wife's Jeep when it needs tires.

I have them on my Jeep Grand Cherokee now for 4,000 miles. Good tire for the price. Wet and dry traction is excellent, good tire performance overall. Just put them on so we'll see how they perform in winter conditions. The only con I have is that they are NOT quiet. They hum especially at lower speeds...25-45 mph. But for the price I'm willig to just cope with it for now by turning my radio volume up a bit more. Looking to get a set of the new Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor after these wear out. Take a look at those but they are more expensive.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...tnum=275TR5FORTSAOWL&fromCompare1=yes&place=3

I put a set on my Ranger about 17k miles ago. Overall I'm very happy with them and would buy them again myself rather than try something I might not like as much. I can only compare to the Firestone Wilderness HTs they replaced but in general I'd say...

Excellent wet traction.

Quiet and "soft" ride - as noted by by Rhymingmechanic, I think if you were looking to race a slalom course they lose to an equally sticky tire with a hard, low profile sidewall. These seem designed with a softer sidewall with comfy ride and traction as the goals. I find them well controlled in normal situations.

Better snow traction compared to the HT but its hard to get excited about a 2wd pickup in the snow.

The wear over the 17k has been slow and even.

Gas mileage has been good... seems better than the old tires maybe?

I remember being really impressed with the ride and the lower noise level when I first purchased them but I'm used to it now.

It is all relative to what you have known in the past.

Bought mine last December for my 99 Dakota. Went by Tirerack rating. Over 8,000 miles on them. Handled great in the snow, big difference from the Goodyear Wranglers that were on the truck when I bought it. Too soon the estimate thread life but I would buy another set.

Got 4-6 k on the destination le's now. Feel great. Excellent dry and wet traction and smoooth ride.
Highly recommned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back