Firestick question.

Question about the Firestick. I like to leave the TV on if I'm away for a few days. Is there a way to make the Firestick to continuously run? It always shows either a few episodes of a given show, or if I leave it on a live news channel, it will eventually pop up saying, "Do you wish to continue watching" and will just end up I guess going into sleep mode, basically a blank screen.

Try putting it on YouTube. Not YouTube TV, just YouTube.
I notice that during the day when I putter around inside the house, I just put YT on music and it just plays music videos until I shut it off…Other than that, IDK ‘cause I’ve never tried what you’re asking.
Or fix-it videos, car repairs, wrist watch review videos etc. It’ll just keep playing.

"Are you still watching?" and the playback pauses.
^^Yes this. This is what I'm trying to avoid happening. I want it to play/broadcast continuously while we're away from the house.

And nope, no cable here. I had Directv, and cut the cord a couple years ago.

Try putting it on YouTube. Not YouTube TV, just YouTube.
I notice that during the day when I putter around inside the house, I just put YT on music and it just plays music videos until I shut it off…Other than that, IDK ‘cause I’ve never tried what you’re asking.
Or fix-it videos, car repairs, wrist watch review videos etc. It’ll just keep playing.
I guess that I haven't noticed this. Probably due to not having it on long enough?
Also during the home choars, I may not even realize how often I use the remote or change stations.

Have you considered a small antenna and broadcast television?
Yep, I’ve definitely wanted to get one. I just don’t think about it till I want to have the tv on, which is hardly ever. Just a cheap one where I can watch the local channels.

These links both go to the same place for me.
must be on your end the links are clearly different.
The second one you can buy without mount for 35$ and i bungy corded a 3ft piece of pvc to the upstairs railing corner.. (out of the way)
image_2022-11-18_093036770.png

In a major metro area a $10-15 set of rabbit ears should get you at least 20 channels. I have 5 sets in my house. One is for FM reception on my stereo receiver. My favorite is the RCA models on Amazon or e-bay. Just type RCA rabbit ears.

Back